AI Killing stopping from interacting

MajoeT

YES; i did read the FAQ and the READMEs
on opendayz.net and on github,
and i searched this thread for my issue.

Version of SAR_AI : 1.1.0
Version of Dayz : 1.7.6.1

Serverpackage
Type : Dedicated Server/Latest Pwnoz0r build
Version : 2.3

Installed mods : DayZ Epoch, Sarges AI, Anti PvP Script (not version but can list the code), Animated Heli Crash Script

Enabled debug modes: None

Describe your issue:

It seems when you kill the AI, it seems to blacklist you from getting into vehicles or bloodbagging/other menu interaction with other players.
Also it seems soldier/survivor AI is attacking everyone even though hostility is set to -10000 people with +3k are getting shot at by soldiers.

Did you try to disable my mod and check if your issue is still there? NO - As it wouldnt help as your mods the one with the issue :p
Did you try to disable OTHER mods to see which mod is causing the issue? No, not sure which would cause this issue. When playing Wasteland mod before, there was a bug with independant killing AI and not being able to get in vehicles together or even heal. I think it maybe this.
Did you read the FAQ and the READMEs on opendayz.net and on github? YES
Did you search this thread if anyone else had the issue as well ? YES

Thx for the error report!

Well, killing AI - do NOT kill the friendly AI if you are a friendly player :) Otherwise you eill get blacklisted for all AI.

What you see here is the so called "vehicle" bug, for which i have a fix in my framework. Make sure you enabled that fix in the SAR_config.sqf file.

I see that happening a lot on servers with a lot of vehicles. Try to increase the sleep time in SAR_vehicle_fix.sqf to something around 60.

Soldier / Surv are only attacking players that are not bandits IF they have shot at friendly AI in the past.

Well I tried turning everything off but bandits and the vehicle bug still happened as did not being able to bloodbag! Is there anyway you could make bandits spawn as OPFOR unless they already do at least then there is a permanent fix for AI not bugging people out and still having AI :)

I assume you mean: "SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE = false;" and set that to true?

and

// wait until the server has spawned all the vehicles ... might take a while
// how to figure out IF theae have all been spawned ?
sleep 60;

Thats now correct? We do actually have quite alot of vehicles :) 350-400. We'll give that a try to

Is the having killed a friendly AI persistent through server resets? I cant say theyve shot me after a restart but they do return fire when I was testing and I have driven past soldier AI and had nothing happen. Its only the one person who's complained about it so I can't confirm if he killed friendly AI.. although actually won't it be in the RPT?

Really appreiciate your response, I love this script it adds another purpose to the game, another dynamic loot spawn and a challenge!

the 2 changes above are correct. Give that a try and see how it goes.

Having killed a friendly AI is only active while you are online. so logging out/in will remove that flag, as a server restart will.

If you are in a vehicle, you should be safe from any AI - thats the result of how to workaround ARMA's restrictions, no way around it.

If you really turned all friendly AI off, you should never have an issue with bloodbagging / vehicles. I assume you missed some :)

Nah I definately havent missed anything, we just killed a bunch of AI all bandits to.. around 14 between us, with those fixes on it wouldnt let us jump in together. We all relogged and it then let us jump in together and perform blood bagging.

Its not an ideal solution if your under attack and need to drive away :(

It seems to affect your locked cars to (DayZ Epoch allows you to buy cars which you can then lock, not sure if youve played Epoch) so if you die you cant seem to unlock it. A server restart fixes that as does reloggin (sometimes)

AI shoot at your vehicles, this much is all too documented already in the few days we've been using it lol.. sneaky buggers shot out a wheel and then proceeded to smash us with rounds heh.

Any other ideas?

switch on SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG and see if the trigger that is set for each vehicle on the map is working when you get close to it.

I added a ton of additional debug features in my next release. Might need to wait for that one.

But, once again : if you have set your humanity limit to a very low level, and only do have bandit AI, and didnt play around with your side definitions, and didn't shoot at a friendly AI there is no way AI will shoot you. never ever.

Originally we had all AI on, bandit, survivor and soldier so its possible they may have got confused. I'll let you know if I see it happen again as I agree it shouldnt even be possible heh. As humanity is set to -10000!

Only switch on extreme debug for this?

Its really weirdly affecting vehicles that are locked including safes (a feature of epoch) is this something to do with AI stealing vehicles and if I turn that off will it solve it?

Is there anyway to turn it off so that when you kill the AI it doesn't essentially black list you and flag you for having killed friendly AI?

How can I set bandits to being OPFOR only and also, is there a way to refresh vehicles that are locked in Epoch or similar? Apologies for the double post but I've very keen to run your mod as its god damned awesome.

bandits ARE opfor ...

did you, as i suggested, switch on your debugging and test ? what do you see in your rpt when you approach / leave a vehicle area ?

Didnt get chance to bud I had to remove it, people were getting annoyed with it bugging them out.

Personally again.. I never had an issue but at the same time I dont bother buying things, I play a bandit style. Its the people who hoard stuff who have the issue heh. So its been hard for me to personally test it out.

Its weird if bandits are opfor, why its causing the non-interaction bug. I'm not sure how they fixed it on Wasteland.

Well, it works for a lot of people.

It works for me. If you have a problem, do as i said and deliver at least some informative feedback and invest soe time to check why it is not working on your server.

I never said it did mate, just asking.

Epochs getting pretty popular, at the moment we're running the busiest server so its hard to test alot of new features without annoying too many people so we're sticking to things compatible with Epoch for the moment but like I said it'd be awesome to have your mod running perfectly.

The killing AI and then not being able to interact bug though is Arma side but there is a way round it according to wasteland creators but I'm not sure what it is :(

Not sure whats causing the laggy menus though and its hard for me to reproduce as I never seem to suffer with it.. I cant see why the AI would even interfere with that side of the code though.. but its more than one or two people whove mentioned it.

If you do get the urge to check this out yourself Sarge it'd be great :)

:) i recommend to every serious server owner to have a testserver. On that you can prepare your stuff before you let the public run loose on it.

As i wrote a couple of times - killing AI without rpt logs and clear indications i simply do not believe.

Interact between each other might be an issue between player bandits and player survivors. It all comes down to the point of one of the two parties being on side enemy, and the other not.

I coded wasteland adjustmens and special servers before i came here ... so trust me, i know what i'm talking about.

As long as i dont get the support in debugging an eventual error by the community, i will not be able to help.

cheers, Sarge

I run an identical version of the server on my home computer for testing before I release anything onto our public server but with things like players killing AI it wasnt something I could test until I had players on there.

I'm just saying this is a known bug with Arma, it even happens in vanilla arma2 missions that you cant interact if you kill too many "friendly" AI.

As you said, it could well be that the bandits (players) killing bandits were considering them as friendlies. After the weekend I'll do some testing and post logs here.

Back