Animated Helicrashs 0.1 - Release

Code:
        //Only a Woman could crash a Heli this way...
        _aigroup = creategroup civilian;
        _helipilot = _aigroup createUnit ["SurvivorW2_DZ",getPos _crashwreck,[],0,"FORM"];
        _helipilot moveindriver _crashwreck;
        _helipilot assignAsDriver _crashwreck;

sleep 1;

rofl....

GSC has something similar to this set up actually, just finished and got it working about 2 days ago. Rather than travel to the crash sites, ours fly around until a player gets within a certain range of the helicopter -50 to 100m and then it explodes, raining down in a fiery ball, then turning into the heli crash after it hits the ground + small delay.

Here's a quick video we made. We'd love to get together and collaborate if you want to:
Bear with the audio, that's LuXiferGriM, our clan leader who's mic audio was messed up during this recording apparently.

I may add a simplified damage trigger... right now its nearly impossible to get a Mi17 Down in 3-5 Minutes flying a straight line, even with a as50... but lets say you would only have to hit it twice with a dmr to make it explode....

So we could add a damage trigger... if the heli gets more then 10% damage, it explodes. Maybe i will add this as a option to the script.

Can you upload your Mission file and your Dayz_server pbo so i can compare mine?
My mission.pbo and dayz_server.pbo are customized to the max, i dont think you can compare them... actualy there are only a few lines above that needs to be added/removed?

The Heli-Spawner starts at the end of your server_monitor.sqf inside your dayz_server.pbo:
Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, 60, 0, 1, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

My mission.pbo and dayz_server.pbo are customized to the max, i dont think you can compare them... actualy there are only a few lines above that needs to be added/removed?

The Heli-Spawner starts at the end of your server_monitor.sqf inside your dayz_server.pbo:
Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, 60, 0, 1, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

let me have a look then i will try to combare ;)

I'm pretty much removing most sniper rifles / assault rifles with SMGs and Pistols being the primary gameplay (This is Celle so there's like 200+ weps).. So yeh, having SOME way of taking down the heli would be nice, damage on it that we can change would be awesome (Some people might want durable helis, while in my case, i'd need rather fragile ones or they'd never go down)

Do you want us to remove or alter this

Code:

i am starting develop server, and i see no sigh of movement towards the ocean around cherno / elektro

As I haven't changed the time it takes for normal heli crashes to spawn on my Taviana server, they all spawn nearly straight away, will this mean lots of AI heli crashing at the start of my server restart?

i am starting develop server, and i see no sigh of movement towards the ocean around cherno / elektro

ok i just saw the heli, however i TRIED to shoot it, i took out its engine, the AI landed the plane with emergency landing and ran off. lol

I'm using Dayz CC and i cannot complete this step:
"Take this file and exchange it with your compile/server_spawnCrashSite.sqf inside your dayz_server.pbo!"
There is no file like that in the compile folder, but there is something like server_spawnWreck?

Check your Server RPT. Helis only in Air when RPT says something with "CRASHSPAWNER", with default values the first heli starts after 40-60 minutes i gues, to test it you have to set your init line to:
Code:
This spawns a Heli 60 seconds after the server started

"Take this file and exchange it with your compile/server_spawnCrashSite.sqf inside your dayz_server.pbo!"
There is no file like that in the compile folder, but there is something like server_spawnWreck?
Some more infos would be nice, which map, dayz version etc. spawn_crashsite.sqf has been introduced in 1.7.5.

I'm pretty much removing most sniper rifles / assault rifles with SMGs and Pistols being the primary gameplay (This is Celle so there's like 200+ weps).. So yeh, having SOME way of taking down the heli would be nice, damage on it that we can change would be awesome (Some people might want durable helis, while in my case, i'd need rather fragile ones or they'd never go down)

Do you want us to remove or alter this

Code:
I only wanted to say that i havent touched the basic helicrash-spawner of dayz, if you want to change the amount of loot, time between each helicrash, radius of the POS and such stuff, you have to change it in this line ;) This is just a demo-line that spawns a heli every minute after the last one has completed its mission.

As I haven't changed the time it takes for normal heli crashes to spawn on my Taviana server, they all spawn nearly straight away, will this mean lots of AI heli crashing at the start of my server restart?
You need the new spawnscript introduced in dayz 1.7.5, the old script spawned all crashsites on server-start, this wouldnt work with this script :D

Code:
BIS_CPP_Muzzle_ForceReload = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ca\communityconfigurationproject"
04.04.2013 23:23:37: fofinho (192.168.0.100:2316) 4c49343e5431a6f413c62eaa67ffa5c1 - #40 " nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
{_x setdamage 1; deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
};   
};
"

script kick #40 :(

Change the first lines to:
Code:
//_crashModel    = _this select 0;
//_lootTable    = _this select 1;
_guaranteedLoot = _this select 0;
_randomizedLoot = _this select 1;
_frequency            = _this select 3;
_variance            = _this select 4;
_spawnChance        = _this select 5;
_spawnMarker        = _this select 6;
_spawnRadius        = _this select 7;
_spawnFire            = _this select 8;
_fadeFire            = _this select 9;

Still waiting for the crash though so no promises ;)

ok i just saw the heli, however i TRIED to shoot it, i took out its engine, the AI landed the plane with emergency landing and ran off. lol
In this case, if you stay near the heli for a while, it disapears and spawns the crashsite... but good point, i will let it explode whenever it comes near the ground... gonna have to change that to make sure it explodes.

Back