Animated/Realistic Helicrashs

Code:
_list = nearestObjects [(getMarkerPos "base"), ["CraterLong"], 1000];
{deleteVehicle _x} foreach _list;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?114780-Crater-cleaner-and-a-bomb-remover-scripts

Thanks but as you can see, i already tried this :-( Somehow its not working, the crater is still there...

This is what i tried with this code:
Code:
_list = _pos nearObjects 10;
{
deleteVehicle _x;
} forEach _list;
Which is executed a few seconds after the crash. _list includes all Objects in a radius of 10m around the crashsite (_pos). Then i delete all Vehicles which are in _list... this way i want to make a clean area around the crashed chopper, _list seems to include these CraterLong, but as i wrote, deleting them seems to has no effect, even setdamage 1 to them does nothing.

When the Things with the Craters are fixed, it will be ready ;)

One thing i just noticed is: If you log out after a heli crashed, and then log back in, the rocks disapear... so i gues these are somehow clientside-generated and maybe this is why i cant delete them thrue dayz_server.pbo... the client seems to produce these rocks whenever a heli crashes, but iam curious why i can see them in the _list array :eek:

Another Problem is that the loot around the crashsite is actually located under the crashsite.... but i gues this can be fixed very easy... or its because of these roxx.

Well, You can always use USBasicWeaponsBox or something like that, and put the loot inside. Even more realistic then a bunch of guns scattered around a crashed heli IMO.

Well, You can always use USBasicWeaponsBox or something like that, and put the loot inside. Even more realistic then a bunch of guns scattered around a crashed heli IMO.

The problem with this is that it becomes really really easy to run to a box, loot it and run off... Risk level decreases dramatically. Otherwise I do like loot in a box :)

The problem with this is that it becomes really really easy to run to a box, loot it and run off... Risk level decreases dramatically. Otherwise I do like loot in a box :)
Making the box locked or "jammed" under the heli so players have to unlock/unjam the box before they are able to loot it would sort of solve that. Kinda like in wasteland where you can lock and unlock stuff.

The idea around the weapons around the ground is the soldiers (who are now screaming for your face) dropped them during the crash. A weapons box takes away from this for me.

Stick to it, I am sure there is a way to disable crash effects.

Yeh, it does make things a bit too easy, things should be a bitch to find, and sometimes people miss a hidden treasure that someone else picks up after them... Shit happens.... At this point with that cutter they might as well put all the gear in a box.

Guys, i made it... as i said... the craters are spawned by each client itself, so deleting them in a server-side script has no effect on the client, i just made a PublicVariable that is send to all Clients whenever a new Helicrash is generated. This way the client can just clean up the area around the crashsite right after it spawned.

So, the only issue i currently have is that the loot spawns all at one place under the crashsite... its accessable, but looks crap, its strange because i havent changed anything in the lootspawn-system.

Best guess is how you are spawning in the actual wrecked chopper. Throw a sleep count on it to avoid cluster with the "crashing" animation.

Best guess is how you are spawning in the actual wrecked chopper. Throw a sleep count on it to avoid cluster with the "crashing" animation.

There is already a sleep of 10 seconds between the death of the chopper and the spawning of the crashsite :-/

Ok, got it... i have a better way for setting the loot around the chopper, with this script it shouldnt be possible that loot spawns under the crashsite :) Iam now trying to get the Mi17_DZ also to work as chopper :)

Ok, got it... i have a better way for setting the loot around the chopper, with this script it shouldnt be possible that loot spawns under the crashsite :) Iam now trying to get the Mi17_DZ also to work as chopper :)

Sweet :) my players are ganna either love this or shit their pants when they hear one crash, not told them i am going to add it when its released so will be a nice surprise :)

Back