Any way to force addon downloads in the same way as the mission file?

Daedra

So I've found that, despite all of the great additions that everybody on my server wants, many aren't willing to download a separate mod to use these addons. So my question is: can I have my players download my files when they join the server?

Most of the popular addons are done server side - so your players download nothing - they just log in as usual. What addons are you looking at?

Well, there are vehicle packs, weapon packs, we're bringing in an aircraft carrier, among other things, like a working power grid. Only problem is that most of the things I want require a client side download to be able to see them.

Ah ok ... I see. I think that rmod 2 enables or comes with some weapon packs ... you'll have to research that.

Yeah, it does, and we're using rMod 2.1 right now. Only problem is that I want more, and these people want more, but aren't willing to download something seperate. Besides that, if we use a custom mod, we lose the ability to get randoms.

Some of those things can be done serverside - but really I think you just want rMod - to unban everything, so you can use any script that calls for banned classes.

rMod is a tiny download - and is easy easy to set up. But, as far as I know, there's no way to install rmod into the mission.

So there's no way to add, for instance, ACE server side? Or the different armed forces packs? That's rather saddening.

nope. Those mods alter your client as well, and some of these things simply cant be done when a mission is running.

yea arma caint do that it would be nice though, i suggested to dean that they look into it , arma can pull missions from addons so why not the other way :0

I just don't see why this is such an issue. It's the only roadblock to me making a great server. I mean, I can have my mod neatly packed up in a matter of minutes, but I need the player base first. But of course, with the wonderful system we currently have to deal with, every random would have to download a several GB mod to even try the server. That's no way to get players, no matter how much I put into the server. I really wish there was some way to force the game to install the mod on people's computers, rather than having people go find my mod.

I just don't see why this is such an issue. It's the only roadblock to me making a great server. I mean, I can have my mod neatly packed up in a matter of minutes, but I need the player base first. But of course, with the wonderful system we currently have to deal with, every random would have to download a several GB mod to even try the server. That's no way to get players, no matter how much I put into the server. I really wish there was some way to force the game to install the mod on people's computers, rather than having people go find my mod.
It's called dayz commander :p I don't think you want to force users to install it - but you want them to be able to download it easily, maybe in game.

I think you all misunderstand. I don't want to use a single remade mod, I'm making a compilation mod of sorts. It wouldn't show up on DayZ Commander. There's no easy way for me to do this unless it can be an automatic download for new players.

Back