arma 3 - Epoch crc check on server files

FallingSheep

OpenDayZ Lord!
not even sure if we can talk about this or if your allowed to do it but i think ive figured out a way to bypass the sere PBO crc check just need to wait till i get home and test it

if its ok with the admins (and assuming it works) am i allowed to release how i did it here?

ok so the check is not a crc check, well at leat not a crc32 check i faked the crc and still no go, so im gonna see what the check actully looks for cause its not the crc valus thats for sure

1. create file with exactly 19 characters and any name.

original: @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server.pbo
changed: @epochhive\addons\epoch_md5_shitz.txt

2. MD5 check of your file

original: 0aaf61dcedad919c9b6c87a9fa5e6f90
changed: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

3. Open epochserver.dll in HEX editor and somewhere at address 000C780F

change data...

( works with current 0.2.5.2 )

4. Share... Share... Share... Share even on epochmod.com forums

1. create file with exactly 19 characters and any name.

original: @epochhive\addons\a3_epoch_server.pbo
changed: @epochhive\addons\epoch_md5_shitz.txt

2. MD5 check of your file

original: 0aaf61dcedad919c9b6c87a9fa5e6f90
changed: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

3. Open epochserver.dll in HEX editor and somewhere at address 000C780F

change data...

( works with current 0.2.5.2 )

4. Share... Share... Share... Share even on epochmod.com forums
OMG md5 check ...hmm i feel a md5 faker coming on :p

https://github.com/goatboynz/Emod

QUOTE FROM GIT:

This is a very tiny mod to allow server owners to run code from the mission before any epoch functions have been defined, opening the mod up to customisation.

Simply load this mod after epoch: -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@Emod

Now to get the mod to run a file before the Epoch compiles run, add the following to your description.ext

class CfgEmod { override = 1; // Set to 1 to enable the override file = "maca134\precompile.sqf"; // path to the file to be call compile'd before Epoch's compiles };

That's it, happy modding!

looks like i might finally be able to add new server side scripts in easyly :p

was on hold while i was figuring out how to overide epoch server stuff, but with the EMOD mod im going to check it out tonight and start adding all sorts of crazy stuff in :p

eg: of precompile :

Code:
diag_log 'EMOD: Precompile Running';
    fn_intro            = compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\a3_epoch_code\init\fn_intro.sqf";
    OP_Watermark            = compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\a3_epoch_code\compile\fn_watermark.sqf";
    OP_ClientInit =                 compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\a3_epoch_code\init\fn_client_init.sqf";
    OP_initSelfActions =            compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\a3_epoch_code\compile\OP_initSelfActions.sqf";
    EPOCH_CustomBuildings =         ["Land_i_Garage_V1_F","Land_HelipadCircle_F","Land_PowerGenerator_F"];
    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\a3_epoch_code\init\fn_init.sqf";
diag_log 'EMOD: Precompile Finished';

Back