ARMA SQF Syntax - Scripting Tool

CommanderRetra

Staff member
Little tutorial to assist with scripting your servers.

1. Download the "ARMA SQF Syntax" here.
2. Open Notepad ++
37c5e84ebeed4acfa006ff8.png
3. Hover Over "Language"
SWMNC7q.png
4. Click "Define your language..."
95tOHJO.png
5. Click "Import..."
D63vNr6.png
6. Select SQF For NP++.xml
MR2AyWH.png
7. You will see "Import successful"
1eM6e9V.png
8. Change "User Defined Language" to "SQF"
yaSW6Pa.png
9. Click "Save As..."
MtOERUQ.png
10. Type "sqf" click ok
aRvc14e.png
11. Close out of "User Defined Language"
b4e9da6180014af88ce5a5e.png
12. Hover Over "Language" again
2cRnnwv.png
13. Click "sqf"
WGeATQe.png
14. Arma SQF Sytax should show up
1529132fbb9a4ac19bbf60f.png
Note: This is not my tutorial it was posted by "TornChewy" on "MPHG.NET" a community devoted to hacking multiplayer games. MPHG.NET THREAD

Man you gave me just what i needed! have a few scripts that i've writen myself and they just don't seem to be working right (seems to be a syntax error somewhere) however i have no error logs in rpt. I was gunna see if i could get someone with a little more experience to look at them. Now i don't have to reveal them until their ready to publish :p

I like it, can't wait to see more :p
Will have more soon, my exams are in 5 dayz :p
Man you gave me just what i needed! have a few scripts that i've writen myself and they just don't seem to be working right (seems to be a syntax error somewhere) however i have no error logs in rpt. I was gunna see if i could get someone with a little more experience to look at them. Now i don't have to reveal them until their ready to publish :p
Your welcome :)

2 tips:

a) google "squint" and use it
b) use ArmaScript Recoded for notepad++

Sarge

just saying... tried that... but seems how i had no idea exactly what i was looking for other than squint and theres apparently like 10000 bands named squint it was kinda hard even with the sqf i got other post about JUST sqf and not squint.

but thanks.

Any who, I will update the link for the SQF syntax and then I will make a new thread for Squint that will include the pics from the over view and stuff of squint. Between a study break.

Cheers

Retra out :p

Seems much easier to just add file extensions to the C++ style. Works great for me.

Settings>>Style Configurator

Under Language Click " C++ "

Under User Ext.
ADD: sqs sqf hpp h fsm cpp ext sqm csv

As far as squint goes, it can be very useful detecting stupid little errors. Simply copy your code and paste it in Squint. It will tell you errors on the bottom window pane. Some errors dont matter, some do.

:)

well, i prefer the syntax highlighting with a couple of additional features (like folding codeblocks, context sensitive help while marking a sqf keyword etc.)

The way to use squint is to setup a project for your scripts / mod, include all the relevant files (you can even include the dayz code) and then let it validate.

Sarge

Back