BEC not starting

Mr.T

Hi All,

New to the forum hoping some one can help me out. Have not long started a new server using Pwnozor's Pack and would like to get BEC tools working with it. I see others have managed to some how but I don't seem to be able to figure it out on mine.

I have followed the instructions from ibattle.org created a small .bat script to open the software for now (it will eventually become a system service). but when I run it I get the following error:

Code:
00:00:00 : Error :: Did not find the BEServer file
Could not load config values from [Bec] section, recheck your config file

The system cannot find the path specified.

Now I have checked the paths and all is exactly what it should be. The config file is in the right ANSI format and contains the absolute basic information it should need according to the instructions.

Config.cfg
Code:
#----------------------------------------------------
[Bec]
#----------------------------------------------------

# Set the ip to your server. normaly 127.0.0.1 will be fine.
Ip = 127.0.0.1

# Set the port to the server. default port is 2302
Port = 2302

# Set the path to the BattlEye directory that is currently in use by the server.
BePath = C:\Games\DayZ\BattlEye

# Set the path to your Admins.xml file containing your admins.
Admins = Admins.xml

# Set the path to your Commands.xml file.
Commands = Commands.xml

# Set a name for the directory where the logs will be located.
# Do not set a path. only a name. since the logs will be in X:\....\Bec\Log\Name\*
LogDir = Log

Any time I change the config file in the loading bat it says it cant find it at all. So I know it's seeing the config file.

Would appreciate any help some one could give me!

Thanks in advance :)

how about your start.bat file? all correcT?

The system cannot find the path specified. - something must be wrong. you can contact me via pm if you need quick help.

On my server BEC is now running perfect after about 1 week problems...

I just remembered that there were two files missing from the BattlEye folder. BEServer.cfg and bans.txt.

These were obviously not present in the install of ArmaII the server was copied from. I have since checked my brothers and my own install and neither of those have those files either. So I created the files manually but have no idea what to put in either. My guess is that the BEServer.cfg file is what the problem is.

Do you possibly have this file? if so, what is set in yours?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

Did you change the name of the arma server executable? If so uncomment the setting and put in the right name in your bec config.

I just remembered that there were two files missing from the BattlEye folder. BEServer.cfg and bans.txt.

These were obviously not present in the install of ArmaII the server was copied from. I have since checked my brothers and my own install and neither of those have those files either. So I created the files manually but have no idea what to put in either. My guess is that the BEServer.cfg file is what the problem is.

Do you possibly have this file? if so, what is set in yours?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

Hey I just did the install / setup and ran into this problem too.

They werent missing in the install.

You simply have the wrong folder. Mine was a bit more deep.

For example my folder was:
Code:
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\DayZConfig\BattlEye

Take a deeper dig, and all the files will make sense.
Also i made a folder in the BEC called Files and I added all these:
Code:
NickFilterFile = C:\Bec\Files\BadNames.txt
WordFilterFile = C:\Bec\Files\BadWords.txt
WhiteListFile = C:\Bec\Files\WhiteList.txt
Scheduler = C:\Bec\Files\Scheduler.xml
Admins = C:\Bec\Files\Admins.xml
Commands = C:\Bec\Files\Commands.xml

So it was super easy to know where everything was, and keep track of all the edits.

and make sure to use notepad ++ it makes life so easy.

Ok thanks DC. I have found the files!

I have also managed to get a couple of steps further now with this so may as well share what I did.

I had a need to ban some one and the in game banning doesnt work (No idea why cos the kick did!) so I found BERCon.exe and was trying to get that working.

In my efforts to do so I found I needed to add the below to the end of my batch file that opens arma2oaserver.exe

Code:
-BEpath=C:\Games\DayZ\BattlEye

This then allowed me to run BERCon.exe fine.

Then out of pure curiosity I tried to run BEC and behold It got one step closer to my goal. It now loads to getting updates, and says "Could not check for updates" and then closes... again.

I have done my googling and found even less on this subject. So does anyone know what I'm now missing? Is it a different port I need to open or a command in the batch file I can use to disable updating?

Btw I'm running this on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard under ESXi. and the server generally runs very well! I'd recommend running it on ESXi any day.

Back