blacklist format

WEB11

What is the proper format to setup a blacklisted area? I'm trying to prevent all dynamic spawns on the air strips. Do I use the wroldspace coords? i.e.

Code:
DZAI_dynAreaBlacklist = ["12449.3,12548.8,0","4819.6499,2546.2568,0"];

I guess you have to create a marker in ...\DZAI\init\world_map_configs\custom_markers\cust_markers_chernarus.sqf

...Really? I have a crystal-clear example right above the blacklist array.

I can't seem to find the example. In cust_markers_chernarus.sqf I see the following.
Code:
    Blacklist markers: If a player is within this area, they will not be selected as a target for dynamic AI spawns.

1. Marker shape may be Ellipse or ELLIPSE
        2. Marker dimensions should cover the area to be blacklisted.

Example Marker (Note: the marker name must be unique! In this example, it's named "dzaicustomspawntest"):

_this = createMarker ["dzaicustomspawntest", [6650.9883, 9411.541, -6.1035156e-005]];
    _this setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
    _this setMarkerType "Flag";
    _this setMarkerBrush "Solid";
    _this setMarkerSize [200, 200];
    _this setMarkerAlpha 0;
    _dzaicustomspawntest = _this;        //_dzaicustomspawntest must be a unique name

Note: This marker is used in the example found in the custom_spawns config files.

I tried looking through the other files but can't seem to find the example.

First thank you for pointing it out. However taking the time to post an example or listing where it could be found would of been quicker and easier. I searched for the answer and it wasn't as evident as you think. Besides would it of hurt to include an example of both marker types in the documentation? Just because its easy for you to locate the information doesn't mean its easy for everybody. Anyway again thank you for the assistance but more tact in future endeavours may be a greater asset than a snarky attitude.

I have no obligation to help you in any way. If you're showing me that you can't take the time to read the provided documentation, then there is less than no incentive for me to help you. If you are unsatisfied with my "snarky attitude" then please, feel free to click on my name and select the "Ignore" option.

Sure you have no obligation, but lets be honest. When you have script package that is granted its own "Support" section on a forum designed to share scripts and resources, you have chosen to invite inquiries. These forums exist to ask questions and yet you get bent out of shape when someone does. All I am saying is copping an attitude with users asking questions in a support forums seems like a poor waste of time. Of course me pointing it out can be considered a worse waste of time, I am assuming you like myself has nothing better to do at the moment.

Let's cut Buttface some slack, he is obviously frustrated with people posting questions without first going thru the documentation he provided. I agree that this one wasn't exactly obvious because there is no mention of the file cust_markers_chernarus.sqf in the config file example. But with that being said you have to remember he is kindly providing us with this script free of charge and has no obligation to provide us with support.

@Karmafied: Digging up a months old thread just to call me names?

Believe it or not, I do not want to be a "jerkoff" to anyone. People who have known me since I released DZAI on the forums in 2o13 know that I will go out of my way to answer each and every person's questions, even if I have answered it multiple times.

What's often annoying is when people don't read the documentation and explanations that I place in every configuration file that explains every step needed to do something, often with working examples. If these people don't take a bare minimum amount of effort to help themselves, why should I use any more than a bare minimum amount of effort to help them?

Do not get me started on the people who want custom-tailored features just for them because they wanted DZAI to be reconfigured to do something specifically that they want, without regard to the limitations and consequences. These people do not understand the lengthy process of developing new features, even those that aren't so complicated: Planning out the theory and mechanics of the feature and anticipating any potential effects to server performance and gameplay, planning out the script-writing process, predicting potential issues, testing for any bugs in the code, fixing any bugs that come along the way, and then finally releasing it. All they understand is that they want features and they want it now.

After experiencing these two types of people day in and day out, my bountiful patience has worn very thin over time. Now more than ever since my daily schedule leaves me less than an hour on weekdays to do any type of scripting and development. The only day that I can have to myself is Saturday, and this is my only chance during the week to recuperate for another week.

So yes, you can see why I have been more of a "jerkoff" in 2014. I am not excusing myself for doing so, but hopefully this can provide some explanation as to why.

The last few days I have been perusing the forums seeking answers for DZAI issues. I'm going to delete my previous comment about Buttface's attitude as I have seen mostly helpful posts and my mind has changed. Buttface, I do apologize for judging you so quickly as well as being a straight-up dick to you here on the forums. My regards.

Well done Karma. Regardless of original right or wrong it was nothing but class to return to an old thread and say something like that. Well played sir.

Back