blue phoenix admin tool question

nsgguy

i have a epoch server that i am using phoenix's tools on, everything works great but i cant seem to get the vehicles to stay on map. as soon as i get in them they disappear. any ideas?

i know what your talking about, it took me a couple of days to find the fix and after 45 mins of scrolling through 90+ pages on threads, i cant find that code again. check with the mod owner on their forum, im sure someone has mentioned it.

Dang, I really wanted to know this too lol. Seems like for some reason it isn't picking up the sarge variable on some vehicles, but not others.

I think that by resolving that particular issue, it'd also help resolve several others as well such as not being able to use ai driven vehicles, or vechiles placed by the editor, too

I can just give you mine which is fixed, but my menu does have some extra things added to it, i was about to add a bunch more, but here is my current, which has all the currency thats in epoch added in a menu called money, so if you dont use gold bars and such, ignore it.

http://darkdemon.net/admintools.rar

I'm at work at the moment but it's something in the dayz_server.pbo needs commenting out, its something like "check for hackers"..I know it's not the perfect solution but least you know what to search for now!..will check back when I'm home and see if your all sorted.. might want to paste up the actual fix for others if you find it though:)

thats not it, the code to actually spawn the vehicles is messed up, i know what your referring to but it isnt it.

As far as I was aware, the code to delete a hacker actually explodes the vehicle - I altered the code in server_updateObject.sqf (actually decided to delete it entirely) and it's STILL deleting items lol. So I'm assuming that it's running off to the other Dayz_server.pbo in the Epoch_Server folder and doing it from there. I can't edit that particular pbo though, as every time I do it causes some massive spam in the server logs and no one can join.

K so this was nothing to do with the files it seemed. They were fine, everything I'd done, was fine. It was me using PBO manager to pack the server pbo back up. It wasn't setting the correct prefix for the server.pbo and as such, looking for the files in the root directory (where there was nothing) instead of the /addons directoy. All fixed now!

To anyone else experiencing similar issues, I would highly recommend downloading and installing BinPBO Personal Edition - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2068 to pack up your server pbo with. This tool allows you to designate a specific prefix (e.g. z\addons\dayz_server) when you pack the pbo again and has resolved every single issue that I was experiencing when trying to alter anything in our server pbo.

Hope this helps others too!

Back