Bodies Despawning Too Fast

UrbanSkaters

Valued Member!
Has anyone else had issues on their server with dead player bodies despawning real fast, like sometimes within a few seconds? .. I've noticed this since installing Sarges AI Framework, but can't pinpoint anything in his code that might be causing this , so I'm open to guesses as to what it might be. Anyone had this issue and maybe found a fix ?

Edit: definitely not Sarges AI Framework!

I think it has something to do with exiting too soon after death and you see the body sink in the ground right?

I'm honestly not sure, but I've seen it happen in the past

It's part of the Dayz code and as far as i know it can't be changed, I can assure you it's not related to Sarges AI Framework :)
Every 20 minutes the server will do a cleanup, If it runs and then you die you have 20 minutes to recover the body, if you die but it runs 1 minute later than you're just unlucky.

Check your RPT logs for the following and also look at the times it ran.
Code:
18:24:38 "CLEANUP: PERFORMING BODY CLEANUP"
18:24:38 "CLEANUP: Deleted 0 players, 0 zombies, 0 flies, and 0 fireplaces"
20 minutes later :
Code:
18:44:38 "CLEANUP: PERFORMING BODY CLEANUP"
18:44:38 "CLEANUP: Deleted 1 players, 0 zombies, 0 flies, and 0 fireplaces"

Yep, bodies just sink into the ground..

I've just ran some tests and my body never despawns (my admin just stood next to mine for the past 5 minutes , no despawn), but then I do wait for the timer to exit. I think you're both onto something, so I'll keep an eye on my logs and let people know if its something obvious which can or can't be fixed. I mention Sarges AI Framework, because the day I installed it is when the despawn complaints started rolling in.. I'm only mentioning it in case there is some correlation , otherwise I agree I doubt it's his script either :)

Thanks for the input guys :D

It's def not his script, its been a long standing issue that i've seen happen many times... back when I used to actually play. PS popping by your server now as I said I would!

Correct me if I am wrong but Sarge's AI pack comes with a well modified server_cleanup.fsm, using a time based cleanup whereas original files do it on total number of dead, so while I have not gone through both fsm's thoroughly, I don't think you should fully rule out the AI pack as the source of your issue.

Correct me if I am wrong but Sarge's AI pack comes with a well modified server_cleanup.fsm, using a time based cleanup whereas original files do it on total number of dead, so while I have not gone through both fsm's thoroughly, I don't think you should fully rule out the AI pack as the source of your issue.

I use my own , I have simply merged Sarges changes to mine. Which is the current version for 1.7.6 ;)

I dont deliver a server_cleanup.fsm with my package. There's an example file on my github though, for people to understand what they need to adjust.

My server_cleanup that i use is the one from Crosires CC package, still from 1.7.5.1

you might see the issue that the cleanup script simply checks for dead bodies, regardless of side / real players.

Too many dead AI = faster deletion of your player bodies. The fsm starts to clean when your bodycount reaches 300 afaics.

Yeah, I think if his players are despawning to quickly it probably is not tied to the fsm but maybe the playerdied sqf.

He should see a ton of:

Code:
"CLEANUP: DELETED "" + str(_delQtyP) + "" PLAYER BODIES AND "" + str(_delQtyZ) + "" BODIES"

messages in his rpt IF the fsm is the issue.

So what do we adjust in the cleanup.fsm to increase the time between cleanups? The AI's on my server are despawning within seconds of dieing.

Depends on the cleanup.fsm that you use.

In mine, i see a
Code:
_numDead > 300
which can be adjusted.

Be careful though, too many dead bodies will lead to lag.

Back