Bullet Trajectory

Please forgive me if I sound rude but...

So if you had a loud annoying sound on your car, you'd just get used to it and not repair it? Maybe just turn up the stereo?

Just because it's an old issue, doesn't mean we should just forget about it. Maybe there's someone clever enough around who can help us figure this out now.

This error seems to be down to the air friction variable set on the bullets:
Code:
    class B_556x45_Ball: BulletBase
    {
        hit=8;
        indirectHit=0;
        indirectHitRange=0;
        cost=1;
        airFriction=-0.001425;
        caliber=0.5;
        model="\ca\Weapons\Data\bullettracer\tracer_red";
        tracerScale=1;
        tracerStartTime=0.050000001;
        tracerEndTime=1;
        nvgOnly=1;
    };
    class B_556x45_SD: BulletBase
    {
        hit=7;
        indirectHit=0;
        indirectHitRange=0;
        visibleFire=0.07;
        audibleFire=0.07;
        visibleFireTime=2;
        cost=1;
        typicalSpeed=320;
        airFriction=-0.00060000003;
        caliber=0.5;
    };

Seems there isn't enough downward force on the bullets for all SD types except for MakarovSD mags. Their drop off rate is much higher compared to other round types having a value of -0.001893. I can run some tests to see if adding more friction will eliminate the problem and add it for 1.7.7.2 or 1.7.8. This cannot be fixed without editing config.cpp so mission edits wont be able to fix this.

Interesting.
But how does this explain the difference of bullet drop between the two scopes on a G36 rifle?
With the ACOG, I have to aim high. With the Reflex (red dot) scope, I have to aim low.

Anyhow, you explained why nothing could be scripted to fix this.
I'm very happy you looked into this, thank you!

Loving the G36 dual scopes though. At near ranges you don't have to compensate much for the reversed bullet drop, and switching to the ACOG for long ranges, it acts more natural.

The problem of scopes will more than likely be the same as the field of view issue. But there are many aspects such as iron sites are zeroed to short range whilst scopes are zeroed for the guns max range.

Back