Can't get any scripts to work on a dayz.st server

rachairmuin

hi I have been banging my head against this for about 4 days now I finally got past the infamous "waiting for host" screen and am now able to load into the server with this implemented but after that nothing seems to work I cant refuel any air or land vehicle at any fuel tank or fuel station. I have painstakingly followed the step for this process numerous times starting over from scratch each time and i cant figure out for the life of me what the hell is wrong lol any advice would be appreciated thanks ive included my mission.pbo for your examination.

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/67506530/file.html

ps this example is auto-refuel its on a vanilla server chernarus 1.7.7.1, I also have example .pbo's for self BB, custom loading screen, sarge's AI, and cleared roads.. separately and together.. nothing seems to work and they arent registering errors in my log files that I can see

update: I guess I didn't edit my original post its been 6 days now lol and Im sry about the annoying popup I didn't know it was there when i posted. I can upload any of the other prepared .pbo's but I figured if I could figure out how to get this working the others would fall into place.

I would remove these lines from init.sqf
Code:
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k51695izd9yxqgu/dayz_server.pbohttps://www.dropbox.com/s/0crxsjv11ixzgoy/dayz_mission.pbo

Here are my files I use on my 1.7.7.1 server with dayz.st

It contains the following:
- Custom Loadscreen
- Self BB
- Clear roads
- No rain and no fog always clear weather (increases view distance)
- R3F Towing and Heli lift
- Blue Phoenix admin tools
- Remove parts from vehicles
- Gut dead bodies
- Auto refuel (pull up to a gas station and it will automatically fuel your car over several seconds)
- Anti dupe fix
- Take clothes from dead bodies
- Increased Heli crash timer and increased heli crash on start as well as infected camps
- Custom loot for heli crash and infected camps
- Dayz Mission System

You can use my files if in the mission pbos init.sqf you change the instance id to yours. Or you could use my mission pbo as a reference I attempted to label all the changes I made with comments. I took a quick look at your mission pbo and it looked like you had the execute in the wrong location for the auto refuel.

Thank you so much for your kind and extremely helpful responses, I am going to try them both and thanks for uploading your files for me to compare I have a feeling that will be extremely helpful in teaching me what I've done wrong. Finally some hope! lol As they say give a man a fish or teach a man to fish.. thanks for teaching me how to fish.

hmm for some reason I cannot upload the server file to my server via ftp, and yes the server is off atm I get this error was going to at least see if this runs on my server as is before I start tearing it apart..

STOR dayz_server.pbo
Response:550-This file is banned on server!
Response:550 Cannot STOR. No permission.
Error:Critical file transfer error

If it's just a pbo not sure why it would be banned. Have you tried just importing it via the control panel?

ok managed to get it uploaded through the CP, although I don't like to do that cause it usually ends up getting stuck on waiting for host but it loaded in this time, I'll do some more testing to see if the additions work, I did get a msg about AI taking over a med base so thats a good sign somethings working sweet!

hmm for some reason I cannot upload the server file to my server via ftp, and yes the server is off atm I get this error was going to at least see if this runs on my server as is before I start tearing it apart..

STOR dayz_server.pbo
Response:550-This file is banned on server!
Response:550 Cannot STOR. No permission.
Error:Critical file transfer error

You can't upload files via ftp with dayz.st you have to use the control panel since they lock certain files in their ftp.

That's stupid usually when i use the CP it gets stuck in wait for host for some unknown reason.

Also what would I have to do to these files to run them on taviana?

If you get stuck at wait for host it means you have messed up on something and its not able to load the files you uploaded. as for changing that all over to taviana it would take a little while. You would need to replace the compiles and fn_selfactions.sqf files with the taviana ones and make the appropriate changes in them. The debug monitor with the admin tools causes zombies no to spawn so you would need to disable that.

I know towing/heli lift and admin tools (minus debug) work on taviana for sure.

Other script addons should would its just the issue of exchanging some files and making changes.

yeah i tried to hack out all the changes and run it on tavi files I actually got it to run with some T&E, but it didnt seem to load any addons, so I just went back to the base tavi files and started over, I've managed to implement a few of them, can you explain the admin tools/ debug thing? I have the basic debug set up on tavi if I add admin tools you are saying it wont work?

yeah i tried to hack out all the changes and run it on tavi files I actually got it to run with some T&E, but it didnt seem to load any addons, so I just went back to the base tavi files and started over, I've managed to implement a few of them, can you explain the admin tools/ debug thing? I have the basic debug set up on tavi if I add admin tools you are saying it wont work?

The debug that the admin tools use is a different debug and causes loot/zeds not to spawn. If you have a working debug monitor you can just leave the precompile of the admin tools debug and take out the action to use it.

Back