cant get any self action scripts to work

termy

Hi. I posted here a while ago that i couldnt get freds dead player journal to work but no one replied with any help. Today i tried to install tent sleep healing. Ive inserted the script how it should be and again my server runs ok with no problems but the sleep healing doesnt work. I am running a dayzst taviana server. It seems that i cant get anything that uses the self actions to work. I have a few other scripts working fine but they dont use self actions.

Any help would be greatfully receieved

Cheers

Termy

First of all some basic tips

Add the following in your dayzcommander options
Code:
-showScriptErrors

----
----

Check your server / client rpt logs for errors...
It won't catch them all but helps

Now its pretty much impossible to tell u whats going wrong without seeing the files u have modified ie fn_selfactions.sqf or whereever u have alter the files

Try pastebin.com the files + link them here.

------
------

I assume u are using tavi.com 2.0, don't forget there has been some dayz code changes since its been released.
Some of the script releases might not work without some tweaking

Hi Torndeco. Yes i am running tavi 2.0. This is the first time ive edited the mission pbo for these type of scripts. Ive edited in a few scripts such as auto refuel, tow and lift and today i added tent/vehicle counter. It just seems that anything i try to do that uses the self actions wont work. Below is a link to my files in pastebin.
There in no particular order but i have added all the ones i think you need.Many thanks for looking at them for me. My fingers are crossed and hope that you can help.

http://pastebin.com/HWQXy

EDIT: Just been looking through the admin log to find a guys name out to help him in my server and ive just seen your name in the list. Seems like you have been in my server :D

I was jumping around this week looking @ what people have alter on taviana server...
Must be a popular server :)

Just a s small typo mistake in your fn_selfactions.sqf

Code:
"\fixes\study_body.sqf"
should be
Code:
"fixes\study_body.sqf"

same with
"\fixes\player_sleep.sqf"

Btw next time have seperate links for each file :)
Think that will sort your issue out

Hi torn. I added the "\" in because the script was not working and i thought it was missing them out. Even when i remove those, the scripts still dont run.
Sorry about the files, i thought 1 big one would be easier lol

thx for the quick reply

Whats the server ip / port + i jump on it tomorrow... that way i can see what errors i get.
Also can get a quick look @ mission file incase Bliss/Reality build system didn't upload the file

Don't forget if u are using an anti-hack like blur's one u will need to whitelist the addaction

The server name is FeartheDead and the ip is - 5.63.147.1801:3153
I havent installed any anti hacks so i dont think it would be that.

many thanks
Termy

Right i'm not 100% sure but i believe the issue is that u dont s_player_sleep isn't initialized.
Looks like newer dayz has a sleep option in it, so the newer dayz code maps/mods already have it...
Tavi 2.0 doesn't

U might be able to just add
Code:
s_player_sleep = -1;

Personally i would just use a custom variables.sqf in the mission file.
But u will prob get away with added it to init.sqf

That doesn't work i would just start adding diag_log statements + trace were it goes wrong i.e
//Sleep
if(cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage" and _canDo and _ownerID == dayz_characterID) then {
diag_log format["DEBUG TENT - Player Sleep: %1 Player Distance: %2", s_player_sleep, (player distance cursorTarget)];
if ((s_player_sleep < 0) and (player distance cursorTarget < 3)) then {
diag_log("DEBUG TENT - Adding Action");
s_player_sleep = player addAction ["Sleep", "\fixes\player_sleep.sqf",cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
};
} else {
player removeAction s_player_sleep;
s_player_sleep = -1;
};

Then u can look @ your client local rpt logs + check what happens i.e
user\appdata\Local\ArmA 2 OA (appdata = hidden folder)

------------
------------

As for disabling Eyes/Ear icons
Look in your compiles.sqf
Want to alter ui_initDisplay to look like
Code:
    ui_initDisplay = {
        private["_control","_ctrlBleed","_display","_ctrlFracture","_ctrlDogFood","_ctrlDogWater","_ctrlDogWaterBorder", "_ctrlDogFoodBorder", "_ctrl1", "_ctrl2", "_ctrl3"];
        disableSerialization;
        _display = uiNamespace getVariable 'DAYZ_GUI_display';
        _control =     _display displayCtrl 1204;
        _control ctrlShow false;
        if (!r_player_injured) then {
            _ctrlBleed =     _display displayCtrl 1303;
            _ctrlBleed ctrlShow false;
        };
        if (!r_fracture_legs and !r_fracture_arms) then {
            _ctrlFracture =     _display displayCtrl 1203;
            _ctrlFracture ctrlShow false;
        };
        _ctrlDogFoodBorder = _display displayCtrl 1501;
        _ctrlDogFoodBorder ctrlShow false;
        _ctrlDogFood = _display displayCtrl 1701;
        _ctrlDogFood ctrlShow false;

_ctrlDogWaterBorder = _display displayCtrl 1502;
        _ctrlDogWaterBorder ctrlShow false;
        _ctrlDogWater = _display displayCtrl 1702;
        _ctrlDogWater ctrlShow false;

_ctrl1 = _display displayCtrl 1204;
        _ctrl1 ctrlShow false;
        _ctrl2 = _display displayCtrl 1205;
        _ctrl2 ctrlShow false;
        _ctrl3 = _display displayCtrl 1206;
        _ctrl3 ctrlShow false;

};

Cool thx for that mate. ill look into it the remove the eyes and ears icon. What will that do if i remove them?
You picked a good night to visit. lol, had 3 hackers in tonight.

Nothing i just thought i mention it since it can overlap with the custom debug montior.
Think u need to remove some lines in player update i think aswell.
Think its obvious + yep hackers can be a pain.

remove lines in player update? whats that lol? and what lines?
Tbh mate, as far as my scripts go, I get them from this site and they usually work. I'm not a scriptor so I really have no idea I what to do to get them to work. I think there was a sleep script in the pbo already. I'm not 100% sure but I can look later when I get home.
So in truth I am hoping someone can look thru those scripts and get then working for taviana, if there's someone who has a taviana server that has these scripts working already, that would be a great help.
Many thanks
Termy

Back