Can't get in Vehicle with another player

joenilan

I'm sure this was known in the old version but it seems I'm still having this bug in 1.5.1 and addition fixes you added to your github.

Can't get into a vehicle with another player. We are both bandits, none are around.
Any fixes/help/info instead of telling me to use the search and pulling up threads of outdated Sarge versions would be much appreciated. ;)

did you enable the debug levels ? do you see the colored spheres on top of vehicles ? Did you check with them if they change color if you approach a vehicle ?

If you have LOTS of vehicles, this might occur - let me see the relevant extract of your rpt after a fresh server restart, maybe we can find your issue.

Sarge

Waiting on HFB. MY SERVER IS DOWN... U broke it sarge..... LoL.. once its up I'll roll back... thanks in advance

did you enable the debug levels ? do you see the colored spheres on top of vehicles ? Did you check with them if they change color if you approach a vehicle ?

If you have LOTS of vehicles, this might occur - let me see the relevant extract of your rpt after a fresh server restart, maybe we can find your issue.

Sarge

Im having this problem too. Im confused on the whole debug crap. Any fixes guys?

Had same thing come up today. I just installed the Sarge AI script noticed two of the people I was riding with were red and for some reason I auto Aim at them. other green players this does not happen... When any of us were in the vehicle the others ouldnt get in . on Dayz epoch taviana... other than that works great

Yes, seriously. It is still an issue even with SAR_FIX_VEHICLE_ISSUE set to true. None of our group are able to get into vehicles without doing the 3,2,1,"go" trick.

Did you adjust your "sleep" time? How many vehicles do you have on your server? Did you even check your Report to see when your SAR_vehicle_fix.sqf was running? Do you know what Report I am speaking of? Do you have Notepad++? Does the rain in spain really fall gently on the plains?

Yeah Seriously. The fix works on every server I have ran it on. You just have to set the "sleep" time to enough to run AFTER all vehicles have updated...

Open up SAR_vehicle_fix.sqf and look for this

Code:
if (!isServer) exitWith {}; // only run this on the server

// wait until the server has spawned all the vehicles ... might take a while

sleep 600;

Your sleep is probably something different. Mine is set to 10 mins to account for the massive amount of shit polluting my lovely handcrafted server. Anyway that's beyond the point. Now.... find your arma2oaserver.RPT... download or stream it after start up. Look at the time you restarted the server... then look at when this

Code:
6:14:30 "HIVE: WRITE: "CHILD:306:813:[["wheel_1_1_steering",0],["levy zadni tlumic",0],["wheel_1_2_steering",0],["pravy zadni tlumic",0],["palivo",0],["motor",0],["karoserie",0],["sklo predni P",0],["sklo predni L",0],["karoserie",0],["wheel_1_4_steering",0],["wheel_2_4_steering",0],["wheel_1_3_steering",0],["wheel_2_3_steering",0],["glass1",0],["glass2",0],["glass3",0],["glass4",0]]:0:""

and this

Code:
6:16:39 "VEHICLE OBJ OID#952(FERRET Mk1 Farschule) at Skalisty Island [139:125], original damage=0.2, effective damage=0.2, fuel=0.256"

has ended.... (by ended I mean no more of them....)

There's a time stamp there to help you. Well at least I hope there is. If not you need to figure out that before doing anything else. Your RPT files is everything for troubleshooting your broken server. If it's not right stop right now and fix it. Moving on.

Do some simple subtraction math with the beginning time stamp and when you see the hive writes stop. Then add a minute or so for a buffer. Change your "sleep" time to that and your issues will most likely vanish like mine have. I hope this further helps you....

sarge said he's on holidays ...

hm try this !

all out from the car the let all check into it then at least the driver...does this work for you?

Dr No,

I am experiencing this problem, and found this thread, and I hoped the information in it would help be, but unfortunately it has not.

Our server log has HIVE: WRITE: lines but there are no VEHICLE OBJ OID# lines. I have been trying to find a verbosity setting for the logging, but I have come up short. Undaunted, I set our sleep to 600, but we still experience the problem. We are running an Epoch server with DayZChernarus Mission system and Sarge_AI, and we have at most 8 people logging on at the moment. Surely it does not take 10 minutes for it to finish loading vehicles. Would you have any other advice that I might take away?

CodeWarrior

I know I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but I ran across this annoying problem over the past few weeks on both my servers. I implemented the suggested change last night, tested briefly with one of our players, and it seemed to work fine. Other than having to set the Sar Vehicle Fix variable to true, the way I dealt with this was to take the small chunk of code within SAR_AI_Init.SQF, that handles calling the vehicle fix script at the bottom of the file, comment it out, and instead copy/paste it over into the Server_Monitor.SQF file after the HIVE streaming portion of the program runs. This way you can ensure that it hits all of the vehicles that are loaded from the dBase after they're populated out on the map.

B

Back