Cant repair/salvage vehicles

LTGNick

Valued Member!
So i have had salvage on my server for about a month now and no problems but today me and my players noticed that we cant repair or salvage ANY cars at all... and the only thing i recently implemented was a debug and cleanup script and ive removed both of them and tried but nop... still nothing when i scroll wheel and rpt shows no errors so im guessing its somthing in the self actions not running right ? if anyone knows how to help ill give ya a post of my self actions

Man, your fn_selfActions is so fucked and out of whack. No wonder everything is broke. Has anyone else touched your files? Have you recently replaced an fn_selfActions with the one you posted by mistake?

That thing is so skewed, it would literally take me hours to fix it.

You best bet is using mine, and removing the script calls that you don't have, like church cure, airdrops, etc. If all else, you can still upload mine as a testing file, and if mine works for you, then you know for sure yours somehow got fucked.

On yours...lines 19 - 24 are out of place...
Lines 139 - 157 are out of place....
It's a mess.

Lol nope unless somone came onto my computer... should i just go with a default self actions?
Yes. Definitely. But to save you time, personally, if you have some of the same scripts as me, you'd be better off just using mine and removing all blocks of code for scripts that you don't have.

But whichever way you prefer, it will an improvement over the current self actions you have.

The flaw in your way is that we are using different mods.... your self actions is probably different than mine just by default

True. But it shouldn't be that different. Overwatch is simply vanilla DayZ on steroids. OW still uses the 1.8.0.3 code. It just has added weapons packs, vehicles, and skins. That's about it.

And players can still do custom things like deploy bike which is located in the self actions
So you just have portions that are broken and not working...

I'd still get a raw uncustomized self actions and start over with it.

A little tip...get a dropbox, onedrive, or google drive account. Create a dayz folder. Inside the dayz folder create a folder 5.2014 (May). Inside that folder create a folder called 5.6.2014 (a) and place your files in there.

Next time you edit them, copy the entire 5.6.2014 folder and place on desktop. Rename it 5.7.2014 (a). Make your changes. Test. Then move that folder back to your onedrive/google drive/dropbox inside the dayz/5.2014 (may) folder.

This will keep you organized and archive all changes.

Hmkay well ill re do my entire self actions..... its not a huge deal besides this way i can add just what i want :p we will see how this turns out - getting fresh self actions from dayz_code

I organize all my dayz files by mod name, month, and day....then use (a), (b), or (c) at the end based on how many changes I made that day. When the next month rolls around, I'll create a folder called 6.2014 (June), then start again with folder inside of that based on the day of the month. Just food for thought.

Back