Check player name and UID to enable admintools.

MrKnight

Hello everyone!

I am using the BluePhoenix admintools, and for now it has all the tools I need for a good server administration.
The problem is: the server "owners" are 5 members of a clan and I am just the guy who is helping the with scripts/etc.

Right now we're experiencing some problems related to ADMIN ABUSE. First I tried many things to stop this with scripts, because some of the admins refused to give away with the tools. I started with deleting godmod, not-able-to-fire-when-using-ESP, and to deactivate the ESP you have to relog. But some admins found ways to bypass it, changing clothes, etc.

Thinking deeper I thought in a nice way to stop it: use they name + UID to enable it.
I would warn the players that admins have now 2 names, and when they are using their admin name, they cannot play as one normal player. It's a very nice way to monitorate the admin abuse and admin activity at all.

But... the final question is: I am not sure how to check the player name, which variable it is stored or something, so, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance,
MrKnight.

Hello everyone!

I am using the BluePhoenix admintools, and for now it has all the tools I need for a good server administration.
The problem is: the server "owners" are 5 members of a clan and I am just the guy who is helping the with scripts/etc.

Right now we're experiencing some problems related to ADMIN ABUSE. First I tried many things to stop this with scripts, because some of the admins refused to give away with the tools. I started with deleting godmod, not-able-to-fire-when-using-ESP, and to deactivate the ESP you have to relog. But some admins found ways to bypass it, changing clothes, etc.

Thinking deeper I thought in a nice way to stop it: use they name + UID to enable it.
I would warn the players that admins have now 2 names, and when they are using their admin name, they cannot play as one normal player. It's a very nice way to monitorate the admin abuse and admin activity at all.

But... the final question is: I am not sure how to check the player name, which variable it is stored or something, so, how do you do it?

Thanks in advance,
MrKnight.

debug monitors use (name player) to display player names ingame so give that a shot
EG: if ((name player) == "FallingSheep")then
(not tested but it gives you the idea :p)

debug monitors use (name player) to display player names ingame so give that a shot
EG: if ((name player) == "FallingSheep")then
(not tested but it gives you the idea :p)

Yes, I forgot to edit the post, fixed it already. ;)
Thanks anyways, now I have a simpleanti admin abuse. :D

You could use an array stored in a public Variable that gets updated every time an admin uses the tool, with their uid, name and script they're running. Then modify the debug monitor to display this array for all admins. So adminA uses esp , it will show in the debug for all admins to see that AdminA has started that script (just a little pressure knowing everyone else in the team will know he/she is using that script), and of course you should already be storing script usage to the report file using diag_log format ..

All my admin script usage is logged in the report file with the admins name and user id. God mode is turned off after 6 minutes to prevent abuse and the number of times they use it is logged with each usage.. i.e the logs read: ADMIN: GMODE activated by XXXXX , UID: xxxxx . Usage count: 2

If the admins know they're being monitored too, it does go some way to preventing abuse.

Another good idea is using the line:
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"An Admin Teleported", "PLAIN",6] call RE;
The text is editable, and will alert the whole server when the admins do something :D

Back