Chernarus, Making new island Request ! :)

Woppah

Hey, I was wondering if anyone of you guys could make like a island of the same material as u use to make skalisty bridge's with, and on that island I would make like a Salvation city on chernarus with AI running around !!

If anyone could make that possible, please please be so kind to share it with us !
greetings from Woppah !

Hello Woppah! I have been thinking about the same, and i've googled a little. I might be wrong, but i think the only solution to edit landscape is to use Visitor 3 - though it is buggy as f***.
I'll keep an eye on this thread!

I could also help place buildings and small details, i really do make it look pretty too, can i get in if this ever happens?

If its so hard to do with landscape, would it not be possiable to do it by using an item loads of times to make a floor that is only just above the water line, maybe containers would be good? It would make it look more like a man made salvation rather then an island that just happened to be there. Sort of like in the film waterworld.

Im only just starting out doing mods so i cant help at all as not even managed to use the 3d editor yet lol.

If its so hard to do with landscape, would it not be possiable to do it by using an item loads of times to make a floor that is only just above the water line, maybe containers would be good? It would make it look more like a man made salvation rather then an island that just happened to be there. Sort of like in the film waterworld.

Im only just starting out doing mods so i cant help at all as not even managed to use the 3d editor yet lol.

I've never tested this out, but from what i've heard it will just sink to the bottom. Someone correct me if i am wrong though.

Getting the chernarus map onto Visitor 3 is not a problem at all, but "Bulldozer" (the landscape tool) is bugged as hell, and even after updating bulldozer with files that are 30gb big it still crashed - so never bothered anymore after that.

Thanks for reply i'm also trying to make this happend, but I havent found any solution yet:( It would be cool to make this island unique and cool :)

Thanks for reply i'm also trying to make this happend, but I havent found any solution yet:( It would be cool to make this island unique and cool :)
Take a look at my aircraft carrier script - basically you place an object in the water where you want it, then add a call to the script from the init line which spawns the vehicles.

Becuase the LHD aircraft carrier is a building to the game - you could easily swap the parts, recode the script to make it spawn say, a bunch of concrete blocks in a square half above sea level (half in water half out), with anything you wanted on top of them (I don't know, make it an oil rig?)

I'm interested if you do this, I just found that nice LHD script and made it work for dayz. It'd be cool to have an oil rig, maybe a bunch of docks connected to make some type of survivor camp on water.

Things to note - game still thinks you're over water - so it'll get cold. Put some firebarrels around to heat things up.
Vehicles fall through - I can't (yet) get vehicles to stay on top of buildings (any way I spawn buildings in) - the vehicles spawn first, so the start to fall, then the building spawns in and the vehicle has fallen a little into the building so it explodes.

Take a look at my aircraft carrier script - basically you place an object in the water where you want it, then add a call to the script from the init line which spawns the vehicles.

Becuase the LHD aircraft carrier is a building to the game - you could easily swap the parts, recode the script to make it spawn say, a bunch of concrete blocks in a square half above sea level (half in water half out), with anything you wanted on top of them (I don't know, make it an oil rig?)

I'm interested if you do this, I just found that nice LHD script and made it work for dayz. It'd be cool to have an oil rig, maybe a bunch of docks connected to make some type of survivor camp on water.

Things to note - game still thinks you're over water - so it'll get cold. Put some firebarrels around to heat things up.
Vehicles fall through - I can't (yet) get vehicles to stay on top of buildings (any way I spawn buildings in) - the vehicles spawn first, so the start to fall, then the building spawns in and the vehicle has fallen a little into the building so it explodes.

Thanks for this input!
Our programmer is currently working on getting a "land" for me to build an oil rig on - and i hope it works! I got a question though, would players randomly get thrown up in the air (e.g dock bug) when walking ontop of this concrete for example? Reason why i ask is because you pointed out that the game thinks your above water etc

Thanks in advance

Thanks for this input!
Our programmer is currently working on getting a "land" for me to build an oil rig on - and i hope it works! I got a question though, would players randomly get thrown up in the air (e.g dock bug) when walking ontop of this concrete for example? Reason why i ask is because you pointed out that the game thinks your above water etc

Thanks in advance
I haven't noticed it, seems to be fully ok and I can run up and down the length. I think someone mentioned the drove a car and fell through part of it...
Oh and if you exit a mi24d in the right spot it'll hurl you 200 m in the air. Didn't experience that with any other helis tho.

Because it's scripted adding of buildings from the mission.sqm, I bet we could get it to be exactly perfect, like excelsior bridge - as in no launching into the air bugs.

I'd say scripting in your island is the best way to do it, unless you want to add each piece to mission.sqm - still though vehicles won't do well on it. In another thread we're discussing possible solutions to the vehicle on buildings problem.

I got some of it to work, but its still hard to get it to work!
some of it work like it should, but some just moves on save

2Pc8I.jpg

I've never tested this out, but from what i've heard it will just sink to the bottom. Someone correct me if i am wrong though.

Getting the chernarus map onto Visitor 3 is not a problem at all, but "Bulldozer" (the landscape tool) is bugged as hell, and even after updating bulldozer with files that are 30gb big it still crashed - so never bothered anymore after that.

I would love to add to chernarus, but BIS have not offically released the map for editing, so would be treading on thin ice i think.

You have to turn the simulation of things off in in the init then you can place things anywhere.

On this method I added a pier with just some planks in the editor ;)

wow, awesome man! Did you get any further with this?

The problem here is that loot wont spawn, also you see it gets bugget.
Kindof got it to look ok, but when loot doesnt spawn, it wont let zombies walk around there = NPC wont work too i think.

The problem here is that loot wont spawn, also you see it gets bugget.
Kindof got it to look ok, but when loot doesnt spawn, it wont let zombies walk around there = NPC wont work too i think.

Ah okay :/ Did you try to code in the loot?

maybe you can place an ammobox with some static loot in it.
is this an pic inside the editor?
it always looks pretty in the editor, but if you merge it with your mission, its might get fucked up...
if not please test some static npc spawns on it

Yeah sure, can do it when i get home.
But if you get it to work with loot and npc, then plis make a guide on how to set it up

With npc they should spawn on it so long as no one bypasses the timeout, cause the sequence of spawns is buildings then npc isnt it?

Back