Chopper stands still

Deejay

I've noticed that the patrol helicopters flying along the coast, but after a few minutes the helicopter stand still in the air and not fly on. Is this normal?

Sorry for my bad english

greetings
Deejay

Sometimes if you try shoot at the choppers they will fly a little away, and hang out for a while. After some time they will go on, sometimes it takes quite a while. Might have something to do with their courage ?

Sometimes, I think I have read, its because they might have set a waypoint they cant actually reach, so they become stuck. Being in a chopper should help them a little reaching waypoints so im not sure. I am pretty sure that this has been spoken of before, so try searching a little :)

correct, has been reported before and is known.

That's why i am rewriting major parts of UPSMON atm.

For the time being, there is no hotfix, so you will sometimes see that behaviour.

Same thing applies to infantry btw, i had a testsession running with respawning Bandits and soldiers in a small area, in theory this should be endless war, but after around 1 day one group stood still and didnt move anymore.

On a normal server that is being restarted frequently this should never show though.

Sarge

I just tested again. After entering the server or server reboot, the helicopters fly about 10 to 20 minutes along the coast, but then suddenly they remain in the air, only the engine is running. I have two helis observed with the problem. I have now watched it about half an hour. The helicopters not fly on. I also find no error in the Log

fixed in release 1.5. Will be released when i think it's ready, still not fully satisfied with the AI in some places.

Sarge

Back