Clean roads, how to?

raynor009

I was wondering how to clean the roads of the rubble the DayZ spawns as it never appears in the editor, could someone be so kind and tell me :) .

Find this bunch of code in your init.sqf

Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "compiles.sqf";                //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Add this directly under it

Code:
stream_locationCheck = {

Repack - Done. :)

Thanks a lot man. I only started hosting a server a few days ago. First Mod I put in was Sarge AI frame. Not sure it works properly. If you have time, could you message me or check my post on the thread and answer it?

Ok, I hate to argue, but that is an extract from my current PBO, which is running on my server, and gives no errors. All the garbage is removed as per normal.

Anyone explain why this is?

show me the full init.sqf, and i'll let you know.

Sometimes you get away lucky and Arma doesnt complain about missing closing curly brackets, but that's rare.

What KillzoneKid did there (he is the initial author of this fix) is simply overwrite the method that spawns in road clutter with an empty method.

and an empty method / function in Sqf is defined as:

MY_empty_function = {};

You are using an existing }; in your init.sqf, which had a purpose before you changed it to be the closing bracket of the function definition.

it does. It removes everything that Rocket added to the standard chernarus map.

Sarge

Is there a way to clean up the roads and not lose the tents and deer stands?

Well you can use the map editor to add in buildings in place of the the items that are removed. For example, I added barracks in place of the medical tents at Starey Sobor and Cherno (much more loot). I also placed a crashed C130 at the medical tents and deer stands south of the South Air Field. You can play around with what you want added or removed.

I used this guide: http://dayz.st/w/Custom_Buildings

Back