closed Bargates

VentZer0

hello, I need some help with bargates

I have a base with only 1 entry point and ive placed bargates there so no vehicle and or survivor can enter. Problem is every restart they spawn OPENED. How can I make them that theyre closed at server restart? Or have to be opened by a keypad (seen that once)

and what should keep others just from opening them?

if you are talking about the basebuilding mod... the gates which are keypanel operationable are the concrete tabs...

ive made them so that you cannot access them from the outside
only if someone is inside they can be opened

ok then what about this one...
i built a base 2 days ago... and secured the gate with a bus...
yes with a bus ^^
it parks inside the base next to the gate opening...
you can only enter the bus from the right side... or the front or back... but not from the left side... so this side is pointed outside the base...

i also added an watchtower where i can get out of the base even when the bus/gate is closed...

so i park my car outside... close the gate... and then jump off the tower outside...
im outside with my car... and the base is secured...

to get in i have to wait for one of my mates which are still inside... or have one of the helis to get in...

as long as the bugs in the basebuilding mod arent fixed its quite useless to build these keypanel gates etc... where the codes arent working after a serverrestart anymore or after you died and respawned...
you can lock yourself out (or in) and never get these gates opened in this case...

i know about gate-busses doesnt really help when someone destroys it.

my base is more like a castle, cant jump from any walls ... youre dead if you do that.
i just want the bargates to be closed when the server restarted.

if we are talking about the same bar-gate... i couldnt step over it... but i could crawl through under it...
not very secure...

hello, I need some help with bargates

I have a base with only 1 entry point and ive placed bargates there so no vehicle and or survivor can enter. Problem is every restart they spawn OPENED. How can I make them that theyre closed at server restart? Or have to be opened by a keypad (seen that once)

I have been working on this myself...Slowly.
What I have is this so far.

Place your bargate via the 2d Arma Editor.
1) Give it a name, example "Barrier".
2) In its Init box add the following, 1st line makes it indestructable, 2nd line makes the bar drop down at server start.
"bargate" is the required name for the animation for that object.

this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
Barrier animate ["bargate",1];

3) I have a working keypad atm but I can only use the keypad with one object so im still fiddling with it.
You can put a custom number in and it saves it. I will post this up if I can get it working.

4) As Gagi2 says this is an issue, but i found having a corridor with a bar gate at each end and a dead zone in the middle with a trigger that kills a player in the area if the bargate is in its down postion works fine.
For me both gates are linked to the keypad and will rise together when the key is entered so then the corridor is disarmed so to speak.

Hope this helps.

so any progress on your keypanel thing now Phocian?
could need this soon for our new base... =)

Hey Gagi2,
I'm out atm the moment and will need to post the script that you will need.
First thing you can do is place your bar gates in position via the 3d editor.
Make sure they are set to lock.
You will need to make them invulnerable so that people can't just drive vehicles through them.

I changed from the kill corridor on our server by placing guards and if non clan members entered the base ( monitored by UID) then the guards would kill them including heli's flying over.
This worked better and it covered all ways to enter the base.

I can give you the code for both defence approaches later when I'm home.

Best,

Phocian

alright... thnx man... =)
the thing with UID based code is always a bit more of work... if you want to let guests in the base or get new members...
if there would be a method to read this out of the db... like the customloadout for example...
so many scripts here have the option for UID restriction already...
would be easier to manage if it would work with db i guess?
a db entry is quickly made... without unpacking pbo editing code repacking and uploading and restarting the server ^^

so i guess your corridor thing should do the trick for me...

Ok save this as codecheck.sqf, place your code numbers here:
"code = [(round(8)), (round(8)), (round(5)), (round(5)), (round(3)), (round(3)), (round(3))];"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

private ["_bomb", "_id"];
_bomb = _this select 0;
_id = _this select 2;
code = [(round(8)), (round(8)), (round(5)), (round(5)), (round(3)), (round(3)), (round(3))];
//titletext [format ["code: %1", CODE], "PLAIN DOWN"];
titleFadeOut 2;
sleep 2;
_displayok = createdialog "KeypadDefuse";

Save this as Codecompare.sqf
My bar gate is called Barrier_2

private ["_code", "_inputcode", "_UNLOCK"];
_code = _this select 0;
_inputcode = _this select 1;
// compare arrays to see if code matches
_UNLOCK = [_code, _inputcode] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;

if (_UNLOCK) then {
titletext ["CORRECT CODE ENTERED", "PLAIN DOWN"];
Barrier_2 animate ["bargate",0];
sleep 20;
Barrier_2 animate ["bargate",1];
};
if (!_UNLOCK) then {
titletext ["WRONG CODE ENTERED", "PLAIN DOWN"];
sleep 5;

};

CODEINPUT = [];

Then in the kill zone set a trigger condition that if the bar gate is closed then any player in the zones rating is reduced by 10000.

Excuse the code its a mishmash and sure can be made better but it worked for us.

Good luck.

im not quite sure how to do this trigger thing...
and i guess your code above is not complete?...
i mean... this whole thing must be called somewhere?

Back