Configs for land vehicle patrols

Would it be possible to add seperate skin & weapon configs for just the land vehicle patrols? I imagine this may be on the cards at some point anyway, but I wanted to enquire nonetheless.

Land vehicle patrol skins could have its own line in global classnames (I'd love to have police skins just for these). Weapons could be selected from one or more DZAI_Rifles classes. Not a good coder myself so I'm unsure as to whether this is possible already.

Thanks a lot.

If you edit spawn_functions/spawn_vehPatrol.sqf you can manually add in your own classnames for the vehicle crew. Just look for lines that look like this:

Code:
_driver = _unitGroup createUnit [(DZAI_BanditTypes call BIS_fnc_selectRandom2), [0,0,0], [], 1, "NONE"];

Replace DZAI_BanditTypes with an array of the skins you want them to use. For example, using some fictional classnames:

Code:
_driver = _unitGroup createUnit [["Billy","Bob","Joe"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom2), [0,0,0], [], 1, "NONE"];

Using this method you can even have specific skins for each crew position if you wanted.

Back