Creating new roads in Chernarus?

Anyone have any luck creating new roads in Chernarus and importing using the database method for buildings?

I am not having any luck. Trying to use land_asf1_0_2000 as my class name. Is this correct or does someone have the class names I can use?

i'm using the same method but with no succes. I'm using the map_eu(editor upgrade) addon to place roads and other buildings that are not standard in the 3d editor. And adding buildings works fine when you change the name from "MAP_Ind_SawMill" to "Land_Ind_SawMill". This just dosnt seem to work for roads. Im guessing Land_asf1_0_2000 isnt the correct name for the road class.

Anybody know what it is?

Ya thats the library i used aswell to find the correct names of buildings. But that library is far from complete. Thanks anyway

I'm not sure you can place roads that way. However even if you do you'll get clutter popping up through the roads which may look like crap.

Additions like that are normally only done in Visitor which you can't edit Charnarus in I don't think. It's a current map and BI doesn't release files for those.

there IS an editor that allows you to lay runways, sidewalks, roads, etc. i found it once, but i couldn't get it installed correctly, and i lost the link to boot.
it relied on CA_Roads which for some odd reason wasn't on my machine and giving me issues

no, it wasn't homer's this was actually done in the editor. i got to lay the roads, but i couldn't get the textures. i'll poke around and see if i can find it again.

Nonov, what is "Surprise Vehicles"?

ok, i didn't lose it, i overlooked it on my list entirely. apparently, what i'm missing is the Queen's Gambit game.
see, i bought Arma:CO solely to install DayZ, i had no idea Queens Gambit was a game when i searched for it, it never came up that way. for whatever ridiculous reason, it never occurred to me to search for it as a game.
it's MAP_EU.
like i said, i got to the point where i could lay the road, but the texture was absent entirely. it was just a grey rectangle on the ground.
anyone that finds a loophole around the need for Queens Gambit, let me know. i'm not paying anything else, i don't care if the game is just $6 on steam. i paid $30 for two games that i don't even play, so that i could play DayZ.

queens gambit is Arma 1 not Arma2 so the textures wouldn't be there, pretty sure roads were just grey squares back then... You could MAYBE edit the object it's dropping to a newer object though and that MIGHT work... the only videos I saw in a quick search for mapfact though was OFP which is even older than A1... so my guess is that tool is outdated... the modding group that made it is still around though...

Surprise vehicles are vehicles you don't expect lol nothing BRAND NEW just a couple from the A2 library most people don't include.... if you've played anything with Rmod you won't be surprised lol.

so what you're saying, is that the grey squares i had may have actually been working roads.
damnit...

surprise vehicles: lol. for some reason, i pictured a bunch of green cars that blink into other vehicles when you approach them. green car into SUV. hahaha, that would be awesome.

No not really because A1/OFP roads don't do AI pathfinding or suport smooth vehicle travel. I believe the "glitched bridges" are really just A1 bridges. same for the broken textures that make ATV's etc jump/blow up.

I'm really not an expert on this stuff. I just read a lot of varied stuff and connect the dots, sometimes I'm right sometimes I'm way off lol.

This is the only way I was able to do it, although once you get the majority of road types in the server they are not exactly where they are supposed to be.

If you don't mind custom pbo's: Add the map_eu addon to your dayz addons folder, in the map_eu config remove the required addons. In the Dayz_Code config, add map_eu as an addon.

Back