Custom Building Additions Duplicating

Johnkok

I have a weird problem.

I am using the editor to add custom buildings. I put them into the server using the mission.sqf method. They appear on the server fine and with fine tuning the appear in the correct spot. Awesome. But then I added a building with a door on it. It seems that every time someone spawns into the map it creates a new item. This is fine for non-interactive items that don't move but a big issue for things that do.

For example, I added a Biohazard billboard, when you move it, bump it or shoot it there is another one. When I tried to open a door I had to open it 4 times because of the duplicates. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

I have had this issue once before and fixed it by upgrading my files to the hot fix in 1.7.7.1 your sqf file would not be duplicating the buildings.. Unless you are double calling them

I have had this issue once before and fixed it by upgrading my files to the hot fix in 1.7.7.1 your sqf file would not be duplicating the buildings.. Unless you are double calling them

I have the 1.7.7.1 hot fix - it is the only version I have ever used as I am quite new to all this.

I wonder where they would be getting called then? I am a bit stumped

I would appreciate your help, thank you very much.

I called a line at the bottom to execute mission.sqf here: Init.sqf

I added all my extra buildings here: mission.sqf

I have this horrible feeling that it could be related to sooo many other files I have modded due to basebuilding and adding ammo crates through the database.

As an update, I found a solution for this although it is not a fix. I used the HIEDI to SQL method of putting buildings in through the database. It has worked a treat. If anyone else needs to know how to do this please send me a message.

All you need to do is add a check and check if it's the server executing the script. Because right now the script will be executed whenever a player joins the server. This should be your solution! :)

Replace your execVM with: if(isServer) then { [] execVM "scriptname.sqf" };

All you need to do is add a check and check if it's the server executing the script. Because right now the script will be executed whenever a player joins the server. This should be your solution! :)

Replace your execVM with: if(isServer) then { [] execVM "scriptname.sqf" };

This sounds a better way to do things for me as there would be a lot less editing of stuff. Thanks mate, I will give it a try.

Back