Custom Buildings (Base Building) & Sarge AI compatibility

Drew Reid

Hi Sarge,

I've done a quick scan of these forums and a google search without much luck.

I have found that the custom buildings in Origins, eg, the additional buildings in Kameni seem to be see through to the AI. I can hide behind any wall in the new buildings and the AI shoot straight through them and kill me. I dont know what attributes the walls or buildings have or what method they had used to add them to the server/map.

I was wondering, if when using Basebuild addon, the AI can see through or in this matter, shoot through the buildings/props that have been erected, shipping containers, forts, bunkers etc.

I know you may not have tested this, but if anyone out there has any experience or has tested with this before if you can let me know.

Kind regards.

Are these buildings only existing clientside ? If it was implemented like that, it would explain it. AI are handled on the server, and know the server map only.

I have seen similar behaviour on Taviana, and if i am right, the AI are ignoring street clutter and R3F placed objects as well (need to be checked though) - Street clutter is afaik streamed in on the clientside to reduce load on the server and network traffic - so same problem here.

Sarge

That perfectly explains that, so yea, I'd imagine it is all client side.

As mentioned, would explain why they walk through "rubbish/waste" vehicles on the road, would be the scenario with these "buildings" im mentioning in Origins, quite possibly. I guess the only way to confirm this would be to use the remove fix for the trash on the roads and see if it removes the buildings... possibly.

As for basebuild, I think from what I've learnt from then and now, it is all server side stuff as it is placed in the Database "deployables".

Thanks for your help Sarge

Back