Custom Buildings not spawning loot

likeninja

Hi guy!

I have a new chernarus server opened up and I want to put in some extra barracks, firestations etc.. to the server but everytime I add the building the loot or zombies don't spawn. In order to get these option to add these buildings using the Arma 2 OA 3D editor I had to download the pbo from this site http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5932. Now I'm not quite certain if I downloaded the Jon_C5 editor or the Dren OA editor. I read on another post that certain buildings do spawn loot butnot quite sure which ones do. I unpacked my server pbo and saw the names of the buildings that spawn the loot but I can't actually see the those exact names in the 3D editor so not sure which of them actually spawn loot. Now by no means am I a programming guru so if you can offer help could you please keep it in simple terms so I can understand :p

Thanks in advance guys!

Let me know if you get this working, I posted something similar in the Custom loadout table thread. I want to be able to put loot on the carrier and in buildings like the Villa.

Guys this is definitely doable. You just need to make a new section in player_spawnCheck that calls loot spawns for your custom buildings, or alter the existing setting.

You can see how I do permaloot (which buildings) to do it kind of - basically add a check to collect a list of nearby buildings of the type you want to add loot to. Note that the buildings will have to have loop positions defined (so I don't think the LHD will work).

Do you know where the CfgBuildingLoot file is in the dayz code? Seems like this might be the key
You can't change this without a custom addon (client download). CfgBuildingLoot is in either dayz_code.pbo or dayz.pbo in one of the cfg files.

You could possibly set up an array in the sqf to do the same function.

My solution will work for you, simply build a custom array of the building types you want to spawn loot from and code it into player_spawnCheck so those buildings will spawn loot. You have to define loot positions for any buildings not regularly in dayz. Google and the biki are your friends, start digging through the code.

Back