Custom helicopter weapons

WEB11

Is there a way to add AIR to AIR missiles or another type of air to air only weapon to choppers? Can I add weapons to any unarmed choppers? I see the lines to add custom weapons to choppers on the config file but I'm not sure what choppers can be customized and what weapons I can add to them. Thanks!

DZAI will only let you add weapons to unarmed helicopters (or planes). If you know your way around scripting you could make DZAI add it to armed air vehicles but don't ask me for help in doing this because it's not my intention to make already-armed vehicles more dangerous.

The only two vehicle weapons I can remember off the top of my head are :

m240_veh - M240 machinegun
M134 - M134 minigun (my personal favorite to use with the Little Bird AH6X_DZ)

For more vehicle weapon classnames check out this thread, and see some of the vehicle classnames being discussed: http://opendayz.net/threads/biplane-with-m240-oh-yes.9458/

Also note that DZAI will only add vehicle weapons that exist and are unbanned.

DZAI will only let you add weapons to unarmed helicopters (or planes).
OK that answers half the questions I had about this feature. Now I just need to figure out which AA weapons will work. I will try the one suggested on this post from that thread you linked.

Many vehicle classnames are banned by DayZ, and those won't be added by DZAI because they can't be used. You'll have to find ones that are unbanned, for that I recommend you see the link that I posted earlier.

I'm using epoch, which to my knowledge has no weapons banned. I don't think I'm doing it wrong

Code:
DZAI_airWeapons = [
    [
        //Air vehicle classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
        "Helicopter1_AH6X_EP1",
        "Helicopter2_An2_TK_EP1"
    ]
    [
        //Corresponding weapon classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
        "Helicopter1_M134",
        "Helicopter2_M240_veh"
    ]
];

I've put whole rounds into the An2_TK_EP1 and it just keeps flying over. I think I've only seen an mi17 do it and someone on my server said the biplane shot them once. It just seems really hit or miss.

If I'm doing it wrong please say. Please don't think I'm putting DZAI / buttface down as that aint my intention

You need to write the actual classname, like this:

Code:
DZAI_airWeapons = [
    [
        //Air vehicle classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
        "AH6X_EP1",
        "An2_TK_EP1"
    ]
    [
        //Corresponding weapon classnames (Remember: no comma for last entry! Otherwise, separate each string with commas)
        "M134",
        "M240_veh"
    ]
];

There are is no such classname as "Helicopter1_AH6X_EP1" or any of the other classnames, that's why its not working.

doh! I thought cuase it was Helicopter1_classname you named it like that lmao! take it my friend on the server never got killed by the biplane after all lol

Thanks for the advice lol

Back