Custom Loadout Based on Various Stats

Draxanoth

Does anyone know of any example code on how one might make it so when someone dies, based on their humanity, zombie kills, other specific stats, they spawn in with a particular loadout?

So say if you mow down 250 zombies before you die, you spawn in with a crowbar. I'm not looking to overpower people, but I'm looking for new ways to encourage cooperation and zombie extermination.

I think the concept is a very good idea. I hope someone works on an idea like this. Would encourage more players to go into cities and kill zombies. Would give new players a way to earn a weapon or gear if they are fairly new to the game. Sometimes finding a weapon, even a 1911 isnt easy. Incorporating extra humanity into zombie killing should be a must. Since zombies are unlimited, I would only do about 5 or 10 points of humanity per zombie kill.

I think the concept is a very good idea. I hope someone works on an idea like this. Would encourage more players to go into cities and kill zombies. Would give new players a way to earn a weapon or gear if they are fairly new to the game. Sometimes finding a weapon, even a 1911 isnt easy. Incorporating extra humanity into zombie killing should be a must. Since zombies are unlimited, I would only do about 5 or 10 points of humanity per zombie kill.
I was thinking more along the lines of if you're a bandit, and you die, you get a different set of starting gear than someone with positive humanity, not being able to earn humanity by ganking zombies. I'm not sure the latter is possible on the fly.

As far as changing loadouts based on stats, I'm thinking that could be executed in the server_playerDied.sqf? So when someone dies, evaluate their stats, and assign them a new loadout accordingly before they respawn? Someone mentioned "insert survivor" in another discussion but I'm not sure where to find it.

I'm not particularly familiar with scripting in ARMA... if only it was Aurora... but I'm going to give it a shot.

I was thinking more along the lines of if you're a bandit, and you die, you get a different set of starting gear than someone with positive humanity, not being able to earn humanity by ganking zombies. I'm not sure the latter is possible on the fly.

As far as changing loadouts based on stats, I'm thinking that could be executed in the server_playerDied.sqf? So when someone dies, evaluate their stats, and assign them a new loadout accordingly before they respawn? Someone mentioned "insert survivor" in another discussion but I'm not sure where to find it.

I'm not particularly familiar with scripting in ARMA... if only it was Aurora... but I'm going to give it a shot.

Ahh yeah that would be more effective than what I was thinking. I dont know much about scripting at all Im trying to learn. Ive modded some of my own files to see the effects. But I wouldnt know where to start. It would definitely make sense if it was in the playerDied.sqf so when they spawn a new character they load up with that custom loadout.

Let me know if you get this working. Ill throw it on my server to test it out, I know a few other admins that may even want to run something like this on theirs and they have pretty high population servers.

Back