Custom Objects to Epoch Crafting

havok

I am looking to add custom recipes/objects to the current list for use on my server. I don't want my users to have to download anything, so I was hoping there is a way to script these sorts of things in. I'm looking specifically at things like wells, fuel pumps, houses, and so on.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Unfortunately since the mission pbo does not support a config.cpp file (already tested it and verified it with BiS wiki), you will have to do it with a secondary pbo. Doing it that way it's possible to add anything you want, I've already done it with skins, vehicles, backpacks and more.

Can you provide some rips on how its done? Maybe even aome sample code? Im new to this script and need a little help getting on my feet.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

As far as the OP I haven't added new craftables yet but I will be working on that soon. Decompile the dayz_code then unrap the config.bin file. Search for any of the buildable items and base your own off of one of those. Make sure you put it into the correct class. You can get one of the small pbo's from armaholics, decompile it and look at the structure of the classes.

NP, just checked the BiS wiki and it seems they have removed a lot of the info about the pbo classes. Also make sure you have cfgPatches and cfgAddons included, otherwise you will get missing content errors when logging into a game.

Code:
class CfgPatches {

class DBSTUFF_Core
    {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        magazines[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        requiredAddons[] = {};
    };  
};

class CfgAddons {
    class PreloadAddons {
        class DBSTUFF_Core {
            list[] = {"DBSTUFF_Core"};
        };
    };
};

here is what mine looks like unrapped...not quite what you have, unless i'm just missing something:

Code:
// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys
class CfgPatches {
    class dayz_server {
        units[] = {};
        weapons[] = {};
        requiredVersion = 0.1;
        requiredAddons[] = {"dayz_code"};
    };
};

The other looks like this:
Code:
// config.bin - 22:06:01 03/11/14, generated in 0.00 seconds
// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys
// Separate rootclasses: Enabled, Automatic comments: Enabled

#include "CfgPatches.hpp"

I left out cfgAddons when I first started and had on occasion the pbo not activating properly. Also you may need to give it a unique name, not dayz_server so that it shows it's your pbo.

Back