Day/Night Script for my Dedicated Server HELP.

jayhamilton96

Recently upgraded from DayZ.ST to a dedicated machine. Carried over my PBO's and setup a similar database.

One of the rare good things about DayZ ST was the drop down menu of the Day/Night Cycle. Since upgrading my server I have found the server has become Daylight 24/7. Now ive been looking around and havent really found anything. I was browsing my PBO and found this in the code in my dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf.

server_timeSync = {
//Send request
private ["_hour","_minute","_date","_key","_result","_outcome"];
_key = "CHILD:307:";
_result = _key call server_hiveReadWrite;
_outcome = _result select 0;
if(_outcome == "PASS") then {
_date = _result select 1;

if(dayz_fullMoonNights) then {
_hour = _date select 3;
_minute = _date select 4;
//Force full moon nights
_date = [2013,8,3,_hour,_minute];
};

setDate _date;
PVDZE_plr_SetDate = _date;
publicVariable "PVDZE_plr_SetDate";
diag_log ("TIME SYNC: Local Time set to " + str(_date));
};
};

Now im not sure if this is what I have to edit, or if i have to add a new script im totally clueless as this is new to me.

Anyone have any solutions I'd love to know!

Just a standard 24 Hour cycle is fine, even though make a time accelerator would be ideal.

Thanks, Hamilton

Howbthe dayz.st day/ night thing works is it sets the server time to around 4pm on restart then with restart time of lets say 8 hrs you get 4 hrs day and 4 night ;)
So just use a bat file that sets the server time to 4 pm every restart and you should be good ;)
I have 2 servers at dayz.st and i think about having more power too (and i want more customization...)
What are the specs you would need and how much does it cost me to run 2-3 servers on a box? (High populated servers btw )

Could you possibly do a step by step tutorial reply here please as I am completely lost as to what I would have to add to the file/code etc. Thanks

i was very busy sry... if i get the time today i will write something together here.. google around i think there was something similar somewhere...(not sure though)

Back