Dayz 1.7.7 vehicle damage not saving

Nvdm

Hi there,

Since Dayz 1.7.7 damage done to a vehicle is not written to the database. I have included a part of my RPT log in which I shoot a tire of a BAF offroader. Does someone know how to resolve this?

18:28:15 "z\addons\dayz_code\compile\veh_handleDam.sqf _this:[B 1-2-D:1 (Fala) REMOTE,"wheel_2_4_steering",0.0115652,Agent 0x5fbf2080,"zombie"] vehicle:BAF_Offroad_W#1181 part:"wheel_2_4_steering" current_part_damage:0. Returned damage:0"

It looks like the parts and damage records are not updated in the DB. Anyone else experiences this?

"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\veh_handleDam.sqf _this:[18234100# 1055178: ikarus.p3d,"glass5",1,[18234100# 1055178: ikarus.p3d,"PartGlass","HitGlass5"],"zombie"] vehicle:Ikarus#405 part:"glass5" current_part_damage:0. setHit[glass5,1]. Writing to hive. Returned damage:1"

Here is our rtp log line
the same problem ... i remove ore shoot on one glass or what ever and i became this log. but after the server restart is the ikarus repaired ... this isnt good

i use the cc center version

i hope we find an answer for this ^_^

I'm also looking for a fix for this. It's annoying.

Since damage isnt saving, vehicles are respawning/being fixed where they blow up. Which is bad news if they are like a helicopter and blow up in the sky or in the water. The vehicle keeps spawning in the sky and falls to ghe grown blows up, or spawns in the water and blows up. So those heli spawns are pretty much useless since we wont get them back til this bug is fixed.

really annoying.

Jesus Christ this update keeps getting worse. I'm getting to the point where I honestly think Rocket did some of this intentionally to screw up the private hives running custom scripts etc. Think about it, you can run rmod to get the helis back but if they get repaired right where they blow up instead of respawning at their spawn point it pretty much takes them out of the game once they get wrecked in the right spot that they can't take off from once repaired. Won't be a problem for land vehicles for the most part, only really causes problems for helis and planes.

Maybe I'm too cynical.

But I'm seeing the same issue. I was laying out my helis at NWAF when I noticed dayz.st's map was placing them a little off, spawning in the middle of the runway. so I adjusted the coords in the database and blew them all up, ran respawn and restarted. Spawned in exactly the same spots they were destroyed. Great.

Hopefully it's just a bug and I'm just being too paranoid about the dev's intentions with this update.

Yeah the update seems to break alot of stuff, almost as if they didnt even test it.

The public hives aren't having any of these issues?

Are you all using dayzcc? Could be a problem with that version.

I'm on Dayz.st running 1.7.7.

I noticed I placed some helis in the runway at the NWAF, so I fixed the spawn coords in the database and went and destroyed them. Then ran respawn script, restarted, back right where they were destroyed.

Anyone figure out a fix for this? Pretty much kills helis and biplanes in the game, as once they get wrecked in the ocean or a tree they'll forever be there unless I manually go in and fix their coords in the database each time.

Back