DayZ 2017 and Base Building

Building will become a large DayZ+ feature. I am always updating it with what people want; adding new buildings for us is rather simple as it is just a couple of config entries and the code handles the rest naturally.

Likewise, I am also happy to chat about it in private with you Zedar if you want the full rundown and maybe we can find a good middle ground and make one great system.

Hi Alby, I will catch you on skype later and have chat with Stapo too.

Base building to me is one of the most interesting things to do in this game although it would be nice if it was ugly shack like bases and not super awesome looking stuff (as stated by shin). And if the materials could be added to the loot table in a way that makes them more diverse, perhaps even requiring more than just the few slots you have in your main inventory.

Currently using daimyo's base builder, but have been unable to get the keypads to work. But if the buildings are changed to more scrapyard style, keypads would be out of place (But i'd still like to know how to get them to work :p)

Oh I should have updated this thread - I am working on this now. All models have been changed to make it more 2017 in look. Here is a very rough proto (its not a showcase)

The classes in use consist of wrecks, rubbish dumps, old metal shacks, scaffold, dumpsters and so forth.

Back