DayZ 2017 Dev Talk :) (update & the future talk)

gdscei

Valued Member!
Thanks to Karwin Leutscher! http://www.youtube.com/kleutscher

Skip to a certain subject:

- New Spawn system 01:50
- Player Models (survivor, bandit,cannibal) 06:00
- Infection 08:25
- New zombie models 10:25
- Gore 12:42
- Damage from zombies 14:00
- How Ammo works in 2017 15:00
- Base building 20:05
- crafting 22:24
- Flint firestarters 24:16
- Bandages 26:00
- New pistol 30:33
- Crossbow 31:55
- Hunting 33:53
- New Vehicle 34:54
- Medical gear 36:55
- Weight/Fatigue system (anti hack tool): 37:25
- Sleep system and side effects 40:59
- Future plans 45:12

Looks great! Checking it out now!

Would REALLY love to talk to you guys about developing in tandem, we are working a lot of things that we think you guys would LOVE LOVE LOVE, and really NEED help with some things...

By working together I think ALL the mod teams can reach their goals faster, and build the mod out to a really amazing place....

Truly great work guys!

Is there a way to update the changelog so that it reflects what the actual changes were for 2.0? Right now, it's a bit confusing and some of the things listed aren't actually in 2.0.

We're probably going to do another Dev-Talk so it'll reflect the new changes. This was recorded before the pre-release v2.0 so things have changed. Apologies for the confusion and some of the things stated were more ideas rather than features... To be honest it was all nerves and it shows. Apologies for any confusion :(

Why NOT make another one, stick to update logs and readme's and developing... not sure why the dayz dev community all want to follow Rocket's REALLY poor lead with trying to wear every hat in the room...

Stick to developing great ideas and documenting the changes in text... Youtubers and streamers will make videos for you explaining it to people...

Or get 1 Guy on the dev team who makes videos to make a good one. Listening to Devs ramble while randomly playing the game with no direction of thought or gameplay is pretty pointless IMO...

The most maddening thing to me about the time SA is taking is how many freaking hours Rocket has personally spent recording/editing/publishing and then following comments on a freaking video... ugh... DEV TEAM... not YOU TUBE TEAM.

Sorry if any of that came of offensive to you guys (I actually enjoyed watching YOUR whole video, but the devblog one's make me F'ing nuts)... and I don't see the point of you guys doing them if it means neglecting the actual change log.

I agree 100%! Although, the change log well... Changed after open testing as the difficulty was... Well insane. This was filmed before release and this is a 'talk' not an interview or dev blog. This video was more about having fun playing the game and talking. This video has been edited as the talk was hours in length. Not to worry, we'll do another one and it'll be with a little more correct info. Also did I mention we were nervous? First time on camera for me.

Just some advice. and I know it's easier said than done... just don't think about the fact that you're recording...

The BEST way to accomplish that is to NOT be the one recording... you should have a youtube guy recording and editing the video... you shouldn't even really know when/if he's actually recording...

It really helps with acting "natural"

Also FYI you guys VERY RARELY sounded awkward or uncomfortable, there was a REALLY good rapport between you all and LOTS of the parts really did flow well...

If I were you I'd "storyboard" what you want to say/when... then let the YouTuber/Recorder/Editor prompt you for those bits when you guys are in a good groove as far as conversational comfort.

Best of Luck Guys!

Back