DayZ Commander?

Gunslinger

I like the look of this map, any plans to get the client files on DayZ Commander?

I would be interested in running a server when 0.2 comes out, but feel I won't get many players if it's not available on DayZ Commander............

Well 0.2 should be out soon and if the build is stable enough i think we may me be able to have it on dayzcommander but we haven't discussed it yet.

I hope so, like I said, I really like the look of this map and would like to run a server - but as a lot of people use DayZ Commander to download the client I would like to see it available there first :)

The plan is to release the server files publicly prior to the dayz commander client release so as to ensure there are enough servers up to support what will likely be a large influx of players...

You are more than welcome to jump in early and start building up a community quick or wait till you feel it's got enough players to justify a server... but keep in mind even the most popular maps have pretty skewed player/server counts and only the ones that have been up the longest or are known to be reliable stay populated.

The plan is to release the server files publicly prior to the dayz commander client release so as to ensure there are enough servers up to support what will likely be a large influx of players...

You are more than welcome to jump in early and start building up a community quick or wait till you feel it's got enough players to justify a server... but keep in mind even the most popular maps have pretty skewed player/server counts and only the ones that have been up the longest or are known to be reliable stay populated.

I would be quite happy to do this, I have a Panthera server that is sat doing nothing anyway, so I would change that to a Sahrani one, I would just be happier to know that the client files would be available on DayZ Commander shortly after release :)

Yup that's the plan so far. It's not set in stone but everyone seems to agree. We just have to all be on TS at once to get it finalized then I will lay out the plans here and everywhere.

But basically we want to give server hosts time to configure their servers and iron out any kinks with the code and their specific set up before users start flooding the servers.

Yip, as we have already had with our test servers, converting them over to their packages can be a pain and can/has broken things. So once we are happy with the build we will be releasing the files.

We would be happy to host it as well and replace our wasteland. The layout of map looks awesome even through I haven't played on it as yet.

Back