Dayz Dedicated Server Help

Warthog

-- I'm sorry I had no idea where to post this, so I posted in more than one forum. --

I currently run a dayz.st server (Namalsk) and lately hackers have destroyed our numbers, down from 45-50 a day to 15-20 max (also we are hit by ddos, even though we have "Ddos protection"). We are wanting to change over to a dedicated server, so we can increase our server protection (antihack) as well as have REAL DDOS protection.

Our problem is that none of our admins are really knowledgeable about running a server to dish out the cash to get a dedicated yet, I am trying to learn, but can't find a solid place to read/learn more about dedicated servers.

I am pleading my case here to either have someone point me in the right direction of where to go (I've tried dayz.st IRC channel, nobody ever replies), and I've tried reading through forums... I have a hard time finding any solid information in any forums either. Either to be pointed in the right direction, or to have you be a member of our team would be great. We are recruiting more admins already, our server was about having active and helpful admins online at all times.

We'd like to have someone on our team knowledgeable about how dedicated servers work, if you could be the one, we'd love to talk to you, or if you aren't the one, please help and point me in the right direction on where to start.

Thanks for your time

-Warthog

Check out nfoservers they offer good virtual dedicated servers. They will do what you need and you will not find customer support better anywhere. They answer support emails within minutes. I could help with setup also.

Machine you would be able to help us set up our dedicated server? How many dayz servers can we run on a dedicated server from nfo? Would you be able to teach me at least he basics of how to work the server?

depends on what you get. We ran 2 easy on a 8 core 8 gig ram... i think it was. We started out small with one server and then upgraded later. We also ran a few other apps off the server as well. I would be able to help and teach some but I am usually pretty buys until the weekends. What type of servers are you wanting to run and whats your monthly budget?

Right now we're running a namalsk server and a panthera server. Ideally we'd like to add a third map as well, probably longer or sahrani, and then go from there. I too am busy, the co-owner Phantum Ranger is almost always available in team speak at talonite.typefrag.com:9785 I'm on there nearly every evening, and all day on weekends. Phantum would be the one to talk to about the budget more than myself, he said a 160$ capable of running 5 dayz servers would be ideal for him.

Will you be available this evening to talk about this?

Could you hop into our teamspeak talonite.typefrag.com:9785 so my co-owner and myself could talk to you?

talonite.typefrag.com:9785

Dam only just noticed this thread. So this might come a bit late but if your still looking for a dedicated server I would 100% recommend vilayer. I have been with them quite a while and very rarely ran into any problems and receive a support reply within the hour. And a word of advise don't ever go for virtual servers they are well known for having server lag with just 1 server. Currently I can run up to 6 servers easily on my dedicated and only costs me £70 a month. I have never looked back from a dedicated server since I got it. If you still need any help with anything give me a shout and I would be more than happy to help out.

Back