[DayZ mod 1.8.4.1] Help* Remove garbage/debris from the server

Nexux

I need help in remove debris from DayZ Mod 1.8.4.1 server.

I tried old methods to remove local objects but not solve my problem.

Thanks for help and sorry for bad english!

I am also looking for a fix for a better fix for this than what i am currently using as it breaks player's humanity skin change.

Looks like 1.8.5 broke the last 2 methods of removing debris.

The stream location check hasnt seemed to work for a few patches now.

The last method I used was copying sched_towngenerator, sched_init and player_monitor.fsm into the mission file and commenting out the init where it calls for the player_monitor in the dayz cod and pointing it to the player_monitor in the mission file.

Neither of those fixes seem to be working for me now. Any ideas would be great!

Looks like 1.8.5 broke the last 2 methods of removing debris.

The stream location check hasnt seemed to work for a few patches now.

The last method I used was copying sched_towngenerator, sched_init and player_monitor.fsm into the mission file and commenting out the init where it calls for the player_monitor in the dayz cod and pointing it to the player_monitor in the mission file.

Neither of those fixes seem to be working for me now. Any ideas would be great!
I got it working, just did something for myself when doing it. In init.sqf you change the player_monitor call to be in the mission file. Then in there you change sched_init to be in the mission. Lastly you change sched_towngenerator to be in the mission folder. What I did differently was change the config to missionconfig for the towngenerator configs. Add them to description.ext. Then scrolled through 28000 lines deleting all the rubble so that I could keep the couple towns that are normally in the mod such as below balota or at stary. Seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

I had tried keeping some stuff before .. easier to just recreate what you want to keep in the editor and load it up. In dayz 1.8.5 the sched_towngenerator file has been removed.
I had given an alternative fix to HospitalChair via PM and when he tests it, it will be posted here if working.

here is the fix i proposed to hospital chair, i dont have a server running to test, just looked through the files

Not tested:
in your dayz_server.pbo/compiles open up fa_hivemaintenace.sqf and look for this bit of code right here starting on line 377
Code:
fa_server_locationCheck = {
    private ["_point","_rad","_config","_i","_location","_distCfg","_distAct"];

_point = _this select 0;
    _rad = _this select 1;
    _config = configFile >> "CfgTownGeneratorChernarus";

if (count _point >= 2) then {
        for "_i" from (count _config -1) to 0 step -1 do {
            _x = _config select _i;
            _location = getArray (_x >> "position");
            _distCfg = getNumber (_x >> "size");
            _distAct = [_point select 0, _point select 1, 0] distance [_location select 0, _location select 1, 0];

if (!(_i in dayz_locationsActive)) then {
                if (_distAct < _distCfg + _rad) then {
                    dayz_locationsActive set [count dayz_locationsActive,_i];
                    diag_log format ["%1::fa_server_locationCheck : creating %2 objects at '%3'", __FILE__, count _x, _location];
                    [_x, false] call stream_locationFill; // create wrecks & rubbish as local objects
                };
            };
        };
    };

It looks like if you comment out line 396 will do the trick.
Code:
//[_x, false] call stream_locationFill; // create wrecks & rubbish as local objects

Test this out and if it works then post it in the relevent thread or make a new one.

I looked into it deeper and it looks to me there 1.8.5 is the same as 1.8.3 so the previous fix SHOULD work. Did you download the files that I had uploaded in the previous post, they were required (yes, I was lazy and just uploaded edited files rather than type out the edits I performed)
Here is the the link to the fix I arrived at for 1.8.3 which is what inkko ended up doing also.
http://opendayz.net/threads/help-need-fix-to-clear-debris-from-roads.21339/
The difference was he just removed what he didnt' want and I removed it all by commenting out the line in sched_towngenerator.sqf that loads all the crap.

I apologize if this is what you have already done and it actually didnt' work but it seems it should be working and Inkko says it does on 1.8.4, so let me know if it in fact does not work.

So .. copy from dayz_code.pbo system folder:
player_monitor.fsm, sched_init.sqf, sched_towngenerator.sqf into your mission. In the edits below, make sure you reference the correct location in your mission (if its in a subfolder)
EDIT your init.sqf to point to the new location of the player_monitor.fsm

In sched_towngenerator.sqf find this at the top of the file
Code:
#include "scheduler.hpp"
and replace it with this
Code:
#define HIDE_FSM_VARS private ["__sc_task","__sc_code","__sc_period","__sc_next","__sc_taskArray", "__sc_lootT0"];
On line 32 or thereabouts look for this line
Code:
_townarray = configFile >> "CfgTownGeneratorChernarus";

and replace it with
Code:
//_townarray = configFile >> "CfgTownGeneratorChernarus";
    _townarray = [];

In sched_init.sqf find this line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers (_base+"sched_towngenerator.sqf");
and replace it with
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers ("sched_towngenerator.sqf");

In player_monitor.fsm find this line at #470
Code:
 "if (_isHiveOk) then { if (!_schedulerStarted) then { _schedulerStarted=true; execVM '\z\addons\dayz_code\system\scheduler\sched_init.sqf'; }; };" \n
and replace it with
Code:
 "if (_isHiveOk) then { if (!_schedulerStarted) then { _schedulerStarted=true; execVM 'sched_init.sqf'; }; };" \n

Last edited:
I looked into it deeper and it looks to me there 1.8.5 is the same as 1.8.3 so the previous fix SHOULD work. Did you download the files that I had uploaded in the previous post, they were required (yes, I was lazy and just uploaded edited files rather than type out the edits I performed)
Here is the the link to the fix I arrived at for 1.8.3 which is what inkko ended up doing also.
http://opendayz.net/threads/help-need-fix-to-clear-debris-from-roads.21339/
The difference was he just removed what he didnt' want and I removed it all by commenting out the line in sched_towngenerator.sqf that loads all the crap.

I apologize if this is what you have already done and it actually didnt' work but it seems it should be working and Inkko says it does on 1.8.4, so let me know if it in fact does not work.

So .. copy from dayz_code.pbo system folder:
player_monitor.fsm, sched_init.sqf, sched_towngenerator.sqf into your mission. In the edits below, make sure you reference the correct location in your mission (if its in a subfolder)
EDIT your init.sqf to point to the new location of the player_monitor.fsm

In sched_towngenerator.sqf find this at the top of the file
Code:
#include "scheduler.hpp"
and replace it with this
Code:
#define HIDE_FSM_VARS private ["__sc_task","__sc_code","__sc_period","__sc_next","__sc_taskArray", "__sc_lootT0"];
On line 32 or thereabouts look for this line
Code:
_townarray = configFile >> "CfgTownGeneratorChernarus";

and replace it with
Code:
//_townarray = configFile >> "CfgTownGeneratorChernarus";
    _townarray = [];

In sched_init.sqf find this line
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers (_base+"sched_towngenerator.sqf");
and replace it with
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers ("sched_towngenerator.sqf");

In player_monitor.fsm find this line at #470
Code:
 "if (_isHiveOk) then { if (!_schedulerStarted) then { _schedulerStarted=true; execVM '\z\addons\dayz_code\system\scheduler\sched_init.sqf'; }; };" \n
and replace it with
Code:
 "if (_isHiveOk) then { if (!_schedulerStarted) then { _schedulerStarted=true; execVM 'sched_init.sqf'; }; };" \n
When I did my work around to keep some buildings I just copied exactly what you did for the 1.8.3 fix just changed the config part.

a year or two ago i tried to do that to keep some of the debris and the stary, balota, cherno bases .. it quickly became to tedious.
i dont think that file is quite compatible with the 3d editor but it wouldnt take much to write a import/export script so you could load those up directly into the editor. i dont really like having zero debris, but i like AI driving so its important to me that the roads are clear.
in the editor you could easily tweak each city.

Yeah, Shootingblanks, that was my fault. I didn't realize you had edited those files so i was just doing a copy and paste directly into the mission folder which admittedly didn't seem to make since but i went with it. So ill give it a shot tonight. I did notice however since using your fix in the past that players would not change skins like they were supposed to. Humanity based skin changes would just happen at random instead of at spawn. My best guess is something to do with the player monitor. I could be completely wrong in that assumption though.

Yeah, Shootingblanks, that was my fault. I didn't realize you had edited those files so i was just doing a copy and paste directly into the mission folder which admittedly didn't seem to make since but i went with it. So ill give it a shot tonight. I did notice however since using your fix in the past that players would not change skins like they were supposed to. Humanity based skin changes would just happen at random instead of at spawn. My best guess is something to do with the player monitor. I could be completely wrong in that assumption though.
I had this issue as well but I had no idea where it derived from. I just assumed they broke humanity with the updates.

Yeah, Shootingblanks, that was my fault.
No, it was my fault for just uploading the files for expediency and figured I would edit the post later ... but then didnt.
I will look into the humanity change. does your debug monitor track the player humanity? Is the actual humanity correct but the skin is wrong or is the humanity value itself not correct ? So when you log in, is your humanity the default 2500 and then at some point you do something that retrieves the correct value from the hive and that is when your character does the humanity morph ... So my question about your debug monitor is because we need to know what the player humanity is before, during, after the player morph.

Yes my debug does track humanity changes and are accurate upon respawning. Even with -200k humanity people would still spawn with the default survivor skin until they starting shooting another player or they would randomly change while running. For your before during and after question, the humanity is always being displayed as the correct amount.

As a side note, the reason i believe it to have been this fix, was that i purposely added this update last and noticed skins not updating. Now, is it still an issue with this patch, i can't say for certain. I was going to poll my players and see if they are having issues spawning as the correct skin. But i thought i would bring it up regardless since i had been experiencing that issue with the previous patch.

This is a simple fix I've made for my server (1.8.6.1)

init.sqf (on the very top)
Code:
["no trash fix"] spawn {
    waitUntil {!((isNil "sched_tg_minX")&&(isNil "sched_tg_minY"))};
    sched_tg_minX=0;
    sched_tg_minY=0
};

The only side effects i found so far are:
- plants doesn't spawn (i'm using my ambient object spawner instead, 'equip_comfreyleafs' can be added to loot tables as well)
- need to bypass lit_fireplaces.sqf to avoid fire effects being spawned
- [DZAI] need to bypass buildingpatch_all.sqf to avoid AI driving problems

Besides that works great, however not tested with high population yet.

Last edited:
Back