DayZ Server set up help

jonnys

Hello,

Let me just start off by saying I already feel like a dink. I ordered a Dayz server from HFB and received it this morning. As of yet, I have been unable to set it up properly. It has been totally un-joinable.
I chose the Chernarus map and set that up properly, however when I tried to join the server, I was given the #44 error. So I went back to the server control and started some updates. That's when things went bad. I applied these updates:

* 1.7.7.1 BattlEye Filters Update
* 103718 Beta Patch
* 1.7.7.1 DayZ Chernarus Private Update 3
* rMod (2.1) Update
* rMod [2.1] (1.7.7.1) Chernarus Update

After installing these updates, I was given another error message basically telling me that some rMod/rmod2 files were missing. That's when I realized that I had inadvertently installed rMod/rmod2 while I thought I was just updating the files. I then tried to "uninstall" rMod/rmod2 by deleting some folders and making a change to the dayz_1.chernarus file in the MPMissions folder on my server. I deleted the "rmod" entry from the dayz_1.chernarus file and deleted both the @rMod and @rmod2 folders. This did not work. As a matter of fact, it made things worse. Now I just get the black "Wait for Host" screen indefinitely.
When I use the original dayz_1.chernarus file, I get this error and a few on-screen messages i.e. my user name and welcome messages, etc... :

8:54:27 rmod
8:54:27 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rmod

Can anyone please help me sort this out? I just want to set up a simple DayZ Chernarus Private hive server. No additional mods. Thank you for your time.

Joe

Back