DayZ SP = "Data file too short"-error

Markus FIN

So I just downloaded DayZ SP or "DaiZy" yesterday, and came across a strange error while attempting to edit the dayz_code:

"Data file too short 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DaiZy\addons\dayz_code.pbo'. Expected -572727671 B, got 1978749 B"

1. I went to the Arma 2 OA-directory and opened up the folder with all the DaiZy files, then I opened up the dayz_code.pbo-file.

2. I went to the part where you can adjust how fast the zombie moves while chasing you. It looked like this:

/*%FSM</STATE>*/
/*%FSM<STATE "Chase">*/
class Chase
{
name = "Chase";
init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_timeN = time;" \n
"" \n
"if (speed _agent < 0.1) then {_countr = _countr + 1} else {_countr = 0};" \n
"_target = _agent call zombie_findTargetAgent;" \n
"_isAlive = alive _agent;" \n
"_targetPos = getPosATL _target;" \n
"" \n
"" \n
"//Move to target" \n
"_agent moveTo _targetPos;" \n
"_agent forceSpeed 6;" \n
"" \n
"if (_losCheck == 2) then {" \n
"_losCheck = 0;" \n
"_cantSee = [_agent,_target] call dayz_losCheck;" \n
"};" \n

3. I changed the script just a bit so that it looked like this:

/*%FSM</STATE>*/
/*%FSM<STATE "Chase">*/
class Chase
{
name = "Chase";
init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_timeN = time;" \n
"" \n
"if (speed _agent < 0.1) then {_countr = _countr + 1} else {_countr = 0};" \n
"_target = _agent call zombie_findTargetAgent;" \n
"_isAlive = alive _agent;" \n
"_targetPos = getPosATL _target;" \n
"" \n
"" \n
"//Move to target" \n
"_agent moveTo _targetPos;" \n
"_agent forceSpeed .2;" \n
"" \n
"if (_losCheck == 2) then {" \n
"_losCheck = 0;" \n
"_cantSee = [_agent,_target] call dayz_losCheck;" \n
"};" \n

4. The switch between "6" and ".2" should cause the zombies to walk slowly as they chase you, just like they do indoors. I found this trick from Kodabar's DayZ blog.

http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/Making-Zombies-slow-td3601.html

5. So after doing that I simply saved the dayz_code.pbo-file and fired up DaiZy. It crashed almost immediately after clicking the shortcut, along with the error mentioned above.

6. I checked that the shortcut was set correctly, and it was.

7. I removed all files from DaiZy and loaded fresh ones (which I never even opened). The I fired up DaiZy again and it worked perfectly. Got in the game and ran around just to make sure it worked.

8. After that I opened up the dayz_code.pbo file and changed the speed once again from "6" to ".2". Started up and same error came up as last time.

9. I put the ".2" back to "6" and restarted DaiZy. Same error came up.

10. After that I took fresh files, just like I had done the one time I got the game to work. I simply opened up the dayz_code.pbo-file and saved it without ANY CHANGES. I started up DaiZy and the error popped up again.

11. This is the point where I feel like opening up the dayz_code.pbo-file is what causes the error, not the changes I made. I am very confused. I already uninstalled BattleEye to see if that caused the trouble, no such luck.

12. Please help me, I really want slow zombies on my DayZ SP, I just love them. Maybe also make zombies kill you from 1 hit but that's for later.

13. Please help me to find a solution, this is driving me crazy.

Markus FIN

Back