Dayz Tow and lift help.

CCCPMob

Hi all,

I just followed Tigers instructions here to install tow and lift to my .st server. Found here:

Everything seems to function ok but towing seems broken. When a player hooks up a vehicle to tow it puts the vehicle being towed clipping into the vehicle towing it. Then when the towed vehicle is unhooked it clips into the front vehicle and usually damages both.

Does anyone know if the... for lack of a better word... "tow distance" be increased so the second vehicle isn't sitting in the back seat of the towing vehicle?

Any help would be appreciated.

hey,

i could help you with this, I'm currently going around and help everyone with there server =) i would be able to edit and install your pbo for you if you would like. PM me or visit my webpage below to contact me.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi all,

I just followed Tigers instructions here to install tow and lift to my .st server. Found here:

Everything seems to function ok but towing seems broken. When a player hooks up a vehicle to tow it puts the vehicle being towed clipping into the vehicle towing it. Then when the towed vehicle is unhooked it clips into the front vehicle and usually damages both.

Does anyone know if the... for lack of a better word... "tow distance" be increased so the second vehicle isn't sitting in the back seat of the towing vehicle?

Any help would be appreciated.

* BUMP *

I have seen a server that has this fixed. I know there's a solution to this problem out there! Please share!

Hey to fix this go into R3F_LOG/remorquer, edit remorquer_selection.sqf.
Find this
Code:
 _objet attachTo [_remorqueur, [
(boundingBox _remorqueur select 0 select 1) + (boundingBox _objet select 0 select 1) + 3,
(boundingBox _remorqueur select 0 select 2) - (boundingBox _objet select 0 select 2)
change it to
Code:
(boundingBox _remorqueur select 0 select 1) + (boundingBox _objet select 0 select 1) - 1,
(boundingBox _remorqueur select 0 select 2) - (boundingBox _objet select 0 select 2)

Hey to fix this go into R3F_LOG/remorquer, edit remorquer_selection.sqf.
Find this
Code:
(boundingBox _remorqueur select 0 select 1) + (boundingBox _objet select 0 select 1) + 3,
change it to
Code:
(boundingBox _remorqueur select 0 select 1) + (boundingBox _objet select 0 select 1) - 1,

Works great! Thank you very much!
Refreshing to see more people willing to help around here.

No problem. Although I have yet to fix the problem where vehicles return to the point they were picked up at after a restart.
I believe it may have something to do with the setPosition BE Filter. You can fix the Tow removal kick by changing the setPosition filter for all vehicles from 5 to 1.

Yes, I experienced this too. You have to go to the moved vehicle and save it, or get into it.
Would be nice to find a way so you don't have to do this. Especially in the case of Lifting, because then you have to land to save the lifted vehicle.

I'll get working on it and see what I can fix. I may try adding !"R3F_" to the setpos.txt so it excludes it from the set position filter.

Update: I added !"R3F_" to the exclusion list for SetPosition.txt and as far as I can tell it makes the vehicle stay where it is over restarts. If it didn't do that for anyone else, I will check and see if something else was changed.

Update: I added !"R3F_" to the exclusion list for SetPosition.txt and as far as I can tell it makes the vehicle stay where it is over restarts. If it didn't do that for anyone else, I will check and see if something else was changed.

Did u ever find out if the vehicles were staying without having to get into them?

Okay here's my final solution.
Change everything in attachto.txt to 1 instead of 5, delete everything from setpos.txt and put in the following,

Code:
5 "Bandit1_DZ"
5 "Survivor1_DZ"
5 "Survivor2_DZ"
5 "SurvivorW2_DZ"
5 "Camo1_DZ"
5 "Sniper1_DZ"

Lastly, add !"R3F_" to the very top line in setvariable.txt.

After these edits vehicles have not had to be driven to remain in place after a restart and there have been no kicks for anything.

Okay here's my final solution.
Change everything in attachto.txt to 1 instead of 5, delete everything from setpos.txt and put in the following,

Code:
5 "Bandit1_DZ"
5 "Survivor1_DZ"
5 "Survivor2_DZ"
5 "SurvivorW2_DZ"
5 "Camo1_DZ"
5 "Sniper1_DZ"

Lastly, add !"R3F_" to the very top line in setvariable.txt.

After these edits vehicles have not had to be driven to remain in place after a restart and there have been no kicks for anything.

Where do we find these files? I'm getting the "BattlEye: PublicVariable Restriction #1" kick. I'm running an HFB server now.

HFB servers are... annoying. It took me some time to get it working but the files are the same however they are no longer under cfgdayz/Battleye, they are now under HFBinsertmodnamehere/Battleye.

Also, if you are getting a public variable restriction then you must add !"R3F_" to publicvariable.txt at the top line after the first 1 or 5.

HFB servers are... annoying. It took me some time to get it working but the files are the same however they are no longer under cfgdayz/Battleye, they are now under HFBinsertmodnamehere/Battleye.

Also, if you are getting a public variable restriction then you must add !"R3F_" to publicvariable.txt at the top line after the first 1 or 5.

Hello again.
Hey, you're right, HFB server is annoying. Finally figured it out. Haven't had to deal with battleye stuff before, so I had to get up to speed on figuring that stuff out.
The !"R3F_" thing did the trick for me. Thanks for the tip!

where do i find the local_lockUnlock.sqf at dayz epoch 1.0.2.5 or how do i instal tow and lift on dayz epoch 1.0.2.5 anny ideas

okay been trying for the last 4 hours to get this to work on dayz.st epoch 1.0.2.5 server, any one can come up with a GUIDE on how to install and what to edit to get it to work, the info is all over the place and i have tried every single thing i can find. i just cant get past "Wait for Host". if i remove the mod, every thing works fine.

Back