DayZ Whitelister Pro Plus

Dean

DayZ Whitelist Pro Plus is a simple windows application that allows you restrict which players can join your server by adding their GUID. I've tried to make this application as simple as possible.

Next Version
The next version will start saving options like whether the whitelist was off last, whether you were adding new players etc. so you don't have to keep changing them every time the whitelister starts.

I'll also be creating an external XML file for the console version that will contain options like the welcome message, kick message etc.

Version 1.2
With this update, I've built 2 versions of the whitelist. Both a desktop application and a console application. Both have pretty much the same set of features. The console application will be available shortly.

Added Features
  • Ability to use in-game commands using global chat (must use period/full-stop) eg. ".whitelist off" instead of "#whitelist off"
  • Option to force users to use the same name they signed-up with a custom kick message
  • New command for controlling the username check: #checkusernames on/off
  • Bundled in an installer
Fixes
  • Fixed reconnection bug eating up system resources
Version 1.1
With this version I've added the ability to issue commands to the whitelister through any RCon client of your choice.

Commands

Through an RCon client:

Code:
#whitelist on - turns the whitelister on
#whitelist off - turns the whitelister off
#whitelist kick - kicks all users who aren't whitelisted
#addnewplayers on - add new players to the whitelist when it's off
#addnewplayers off - doesn't add new players to the whitelist when it's off
#checkusernames on - checks database to make sure names match
#checkusernames off - doesn't check database to make sure names match
Through in-game global chat:

Code:
.whitelist on - turns the whitelister on
.whitelist off - turns the whitelister off
.whitelist kick - kicks all users who aren't whitelisted
.addnewplayers on - add new players to the whitelist when it's off
.addnewplayers off - doesn't add new players to the whitelist when it's off
.checkusernames on - checks database to make sure names match
.checkusernames off - doesn't check database to make sure names match

Here's what you need
  • The zip file located here: http://dl.uk8008.co.uk/DayzWhitelisterProPlus_V1.2.zip
  • If you want to use the console version, download this instead: Download available tomorrow
  • Access to a MySQL server with ALL privileges (this can be a different server than your hive)
  • Access to a computer (this is quite important!)
How to install
  1. Unzip the files somewhere on your computer. Let's assume C:\dayz_whitelister
  2. Create a new database on your MySQL server called whitelist (if you call it something else, make sure you change the whitelist.install.sql file accordingly)
  3. Open the whitelist.install.sql file in a text editor
  4. Replace all instances of dayz with your database username
  5. Save the file and run the SQL against your database
  6. If any errors occur, see the problems area below
  7. Install the application by running the setup.exe
  8. Fill your Rcon and database credentials into the settings window when it prompts you to
  9. Customise your welcome + kick message (#name gets replaced with the players name on the welcome message)
  10. Connect and begin whitelisting!
Problems you may encounter:

You don't have permission to create a database
If you don't have permission to create a new database your server is most likely being hosted by a third-party. If so, you'll have to ask them to set the database up for you and grant you ALL privileges. They will most likely not use the name 'whitelist', so you'll have to update the whitelist.install.sql file.

Credits
Thanks to hambeast for the application that I've used as the foundation for this whitelister.
https://github.com/deadfred666/DayzWhitelisterPro

Old versions:

V1.1: http://dl.uk8008.co.uk/DayzWhitelisterProPlus_V1.1.zip
V1: http://dl.uk8008.co.uk/DayzWhitelisterProPlus_V1.zip

That would be perfect. I like to have a public server that whitelists people who sign up and play with us for a while, and only turn the whitelist on in cases of a hacker that can't be identified. Otherwise, excellent tool. Got it running after figuring out a minor mistake that I had made with permissions.

That's a great idea actually. I might do some work on it tonight. If I manage to get it working tonight I'll update this post with the new release. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I don't know if this is possible, but I only have a couple of admins who have access to the best tools, the ones who can access the map that gives illicit knowledge. It is tough to hand out that because of the ability to abuse it, only the most ethical and trusted - and those who play the least! get access to it.

Thus when I can't be around and a hacker is teleporting to other players, sometimes my moderators do not have the ability to find who it is. That is when the whitelist comes in handiest. Is there a way to turn it on and off via a batch file executed through BEC by in game moderators? Might be asking a lot, but there was a way to turn on another whitelist through a similar function. This would make this tool absolutely fantastic.

Another great idea. I think the easiest way to do this would be to check for an admin message being sent that perhaps contains '#whitelist on' or '#whitelist off' and change the whitelist's status depending on the messages it recieves. I'll take a look at doing this tomorrow and keep you updated on how I progress.

i changed all my the dayz instances to my database "hivemind" and i get this error

[Err] 1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
[Err] INSERT INTO `logtypes` (`id`, `description`) VALUES (1, 'Authorised');
[Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully
--------------------------------------------------

or am i using the wrong DB im not sure what to put for the database username, Step 4

If you check the 'logtypes' table, you should just have 2 entries. If you have 2, then you're all good.

If you check the 'logtypes' table, you should just have 2 entries. If you have 2, then you're all good.

im note sure what you mean, im sorry, im new to running a dayz server, i check navicate and couldnt find what you mean.
im using pwnozors private master pack if that helps any

**UPDATE**
i found logtypes table in the whitelist database and it has 1 authorized and 2 decline

oh and when i run the setup it says its not a vail win32 application ( im guessing it doesnt work with WInXP Pro

and when i goto run proc_whitlist i get Procedure execution failed
1449 - The user specified as a definer ('dayz'@'%') does not exist

You need to be replacing all instances of 'dayz' with your database username, not database name. Give that a shot.

I'll be releasing another version in a few minutes that access commands through any RCon client.

ok would that be the name of it like DayZ or the one called hivemind where the characters and objects are? or the root that i use to log in

You need to use the same username that you access your database with. The default bliss username that is used is 'dayz'@'localhost' or something to that effect. I just created a new user name of dayz and granted it privileges for the whitelister.

If you log in with the username 'root', then use that.

Also, I've updated the OP with the new release. Let me know if you find any bugs as I haven't had much time to test this version.

The error is clearly stating the user 'dayz' does not exist. That means that somewhere in whitelist.install.sql you're still referencing the user 'dayz'. You need to relace that with root.

i dunno man, i redownloaded your new files changed dayz to [email protected] and excuted the SQL file then closed it, refreshed functions and try to run one and it still says
Procedure execution failed
1449 - The user specified as a definer ('dayz'@'%') does not exist

and i cant install your setup it says invaid win32 application.. so im guessing this wont work with xp

Back