Death messages

Nelumbo

Hello - I have a utes server on dayz.st. They do not have a live map, so I am constantly having to rely on logs to ban hackers, and there isnt much I can do about spawn campers.

I am trying to find a WORKING death messages script, or some kind of admin tool that will tell me who killed who in the logs so that I can get rid of spawn campers much easier.

This is a huge problem as many people come on to utes just to camp the player spawn.

Alright - I added it and changed some spelling errors I found. I looked in my RPT file and this is what I get when a player joins.

19:40:14 NAT Negotiation completed
19:40:15 Server error: Player without identity Sydney (id 1160773432)
19:40:18 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_WoodL/
19:40:18 Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_ConcL/
19:40:20 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
19:40:20 Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
19:40:22 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\publicEH_server.sqf not found
19:40:22 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found
19:40:23 Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found
The error above results in hanging on "waiting to authenticate."

Looks like an issue with your dayz_server.pbo to me, files are missing.

You mentioned typos. You found typos in the link above to add kill messages?

Looks like an issue with your dayz_server.pbo to me, files are missing.

You mentioned typos. You found typos in the link above to add kill messages?
I verified the missing files - which were there. I had not edited them. As far as typos go... I found them in the file you must download.

Line 1 - private ["_victim", "_attacker","_weapon","_distance","_victimPlayerID","_attakerPlayerID"]

The last string I edited to _attackeerPlayerID

Line 21 & 23 - _attakerPlayerID = getPlayerUID _attacker;

diag_log format["PHIT: %1 (%5) was hit by %2 (%6) with %3 from %4m", _victim, _attacker, _weapon, _distance, _victimPlayerID, _attakerPlayerID];

Changed both instances of attaker to attacker.

Does anyone have any idea of what would cause the files to become missing? They aren't missing. They are physically there but aren't being initiated. I think it has something to do with the way the fnc_plyrhit file is added and initiated.

Back