Dedicated Machices Info?

euphoria^

New Member
I would really love some advice on getting dedicated boxes. Our gaming community has recently been just fed up with GTXGAMING and AOWC Server that we're ready to host ourselves on a dedicated machine with multiple servers/ip's. Any advice on setup/what we should get?
 
Firstly you would need to know:

  • What's your price range?
  • What servers you want to run on it? (Just 1 DayZ server or more?)
  • Where do you want the server to be located?
In regards to server requirements they say roughly:

CPU: Modern Quad Core @3 GHz
RAM: 8GB (They say this but I suppose you could get away with less
HDD 50GB+ (recommend SSD)
Network: 100+ MBps
OS: Windows (could use Linux, I suppose you would have to use Wine)
 
Heres what we went with

E3-1270: Sandy Bridge-based machine
  • Intel Xeon E3-1270 processor (four physical 3.4ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.8ghz)
  • 16 GB DDR3-1333 ECC memory
  • 1000 GB, 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
  • 10000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth
  • Able to host around 250-300 connected players at once
 
any reasons to not use 2012?
I used Windows Server 2012 a few months ago and I just couldn't get along with it! Some things wouldn't work and other things just weren't compatible with it so I just reverted back to Windows Server 2008 r2 Data center.
 
Back
Top