Different waypoints for some groups.

Northdegree

Hello out there,
I wondered if it would be possible to define different Waypoints for some AI groups.

I mapped a small city for traders (on Epoch) and I wanted to make it semi-safe. So I wanted to create 2 or 3 solider groups to patrol the city and shoot all zombies as well as bandits. But I didn't found a way to do it. Another solution would be to place groups of soliders that stay at one point and shoot everything that should not pass the city.

I hope you can help me.

~Northdegree

Btw: I'm sorry for my english.

i'd recommend to setup areas for these groups, instead of having one big area that covers the city.

you could define small rectangles / corridors for west/east/north/south borders and assign troops to these areas.

Positioning a group at a location can be doe with the "fortify" parameter. There is one disadvantage to this - AI will move out of their position if they see an enemy to hunt him down.

a "defendonly" functionality, where they stick to their place is on my todo list.

Sarge

Ah, cool :)

I just managed it by defining a new patrol point and placing a troop there with a 20 meters radius.

But thanks anyway :)

Back