Does creating custom buildings also add loot spawn to those buildings?

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
I've seen a lot of tuts about creating custom buildings on your dayz server, but no tutorials I've seen have mentioned anything about the loot spawn in said buildings. For instance, if I want to add a few barracks around the map, would they automatically start spawning loot? Or would I have to find/have someone create a loot table for that building? Thanks

Short answer, yes.

However, you must ensure the class name of the building you are adding is exactly the same as one that currently spawns loot. A supermarket for instance is Land_A_GeneralStore_01 or Land_A_GeneralStore_01a (2 types)

If the building does not spawn loot normally, it must be added to definitions, and thats another topic :)

If you're using something like the MAP_EU upgrade for the editor, it will place certain buildings with a "MAP_" prefix instead of "LAND_" like Rossymond said. Those MAP versions don't spawn any loot, you'd need to rename it.

Yep, although obviously getting any building to spawn loot is easy enough, but i'm not sure if you can overwrite that part of the config file from mission, sure it's possible but never tried :)

Im just starting to look into this, mainly because I cleared the roads on my server and it got rid of the Starry Military Tents. So I'd like to compensate by adding some custom barracks around the map, maybe some more industrial as well. I believe I'd just be using the map editor attached to Arma. Thanks for answering my question, although I may have more in the future. For now Im just going to familiarize myself with the tool and maybe slowly work on the map until Im ready to upload it to my server. Cheers

Install jon editor update, search armaholic for it. This will enable you to place more arma 2 buildings in the editor, then have a play :)

Im sorry what exactly is it called? Ive not used Armaholic much and honestly its a bit difficult to navigate in my opinion. Perhaps you could link me to it? Thanks again.

alright Im at a roadblock here. I haven't installed this jon editor yet, I was trying to follow the instructions in this video
In this video, once you are done editing the map and save, you use a 3d to 2d map converter to change the map into a 2day map. Then he has you go into single player and open the editor. Once there you're supposed to load the Dayz_1 file and merge it with the map you have just edited. However when I go into my dayz screen there is no option for single player, only multiplayer. And when I try and go through Arma single player, there is no dayz_1 file to load, only the map I had edited and saved. Can you link me to any good tuts that you know of? Or give me a hand somehow? Thanks man.

Back