DZAI error in log

The 2.1.2 update should have fixed all issues reported in this thread. Before, group_manger.sqf was terminated externally when the group was despawned, and if the termination happened slightly after the despawn, this would cause variables in the .sqf to be undefined for an instant.

Now, a setVariable command is used to let group_manager.sqf know that the group needs to be despawned, so it does all the work despawning/deleting the group and terminating itself afterwards, thus completely eliminating any chance of undefined variable errors.

All in all, this was possibly one of the most harmless problems in DZAI's history, just annoying to see in the .RPT log. Errors that appear in the RPT log aren't always cause for concern unless they have real in-game consequences, which is why this issue was considered very low priority.

I'm having something similar:

Code:
0:20:13 Error in expression <nes _unit);
for "_i" from 0 to ((count (_loadout select 0)) - 1) do {
if (((_uni>
0:20:13   Error position: <_loadout select 0)) - 1) do {
if (((_uni>
0:20:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: _loadout
0:20:13 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\compile\group_manager.sqf, line 148
fgvfvdv

Running the newest DZAI, getting the exact same error as RamboBoss posted above, however the line number is different for me; File z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\compile\group_manager.sqf, line 167.

Last edited:
Try the updated files I uploaded just now. It's a brute-force fix to skip the mag check if the loadout variable is somehow undefined.

This error should be impossible since the group_manager already explicitly checks the loadout variable of each unit before it starts the main loop, and sets the variables again if they're somehow undefined. There is a second layer of prevention that ensures an empty array is returned if the loadout variable is somehow lost again.

Latest update of DZAI but got this error in RPT.

Error in expression < {DZAI_zDetectRange/2};
_nearbyZeds = (_unitList select 0) nearEntities ["zZomb>
23:26:23 Error position: <_unitList select 0) nearEntities ["zZomb>
23:26:23 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unitlist
23:26:23 File z\addons\dayz_server\DZAI\compile\group_manager.sqf, line 120

Should i replace it with the old ?
_nearbyZeds = (leader _unitGroup) nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",_detectRange];
instead of
_nearbyZeds = (_unitList select 0) nearEntities ["zZombie_Base",_detectRange];

Back