Editing dayz_code server side

Rossymond

Staff member
Hi all, firstly my apologies if this has been covered. I had a good search, but I was not quite sure how to word my search parameters!

Thanks to you all, Ive managed to impliment everything I want on my server, I've now also managed to get my own home server running for testing purposes (thanks to mmmyum and Sarge for your help).

Anyway, my question is this:

I've read on many occasions that many modifications, unbanning weapons and alike, require editing of dayz_code.pbo or another of the base dayz pbo's.

What i'm trying to work out, is if I edit these pbo's and repack them onto my server, unbanning a random weapon for instance, how does this information filter to the client?

Obviously the client has the same files in there @DayZ install, so does the client look to the servers PBO files for reference?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, i'm just trying to get my head round how all this works with regard to editing more than just the mission and server PBO's

Thanks in advance :)

Some things can be forced to reference the mission PBO. What I understand certain files in the mission pbo can not reference certain classes.

Back