Epoch Animated Crash Sites [HELP]

The min and max are the chances that the event will take place. The server "rolls" and if it comes up above 50, in this example, the event happens. It's the way to keep the events random.

If you want the events to happen every time, you would use:

_SpawnMax= 100;//Maximum percent chance of spawning a crash number between 0 - 100
_SpawnMin= 100;//Minimum percent chance of spawning a crash number between 0 - 100

thank you kind sir =)

hey, i have a problem with this script on my Takistan Epoch Server (1.0.2.5/103718). All airvehicles from the crashsites ("UH1Y_DZE","UH1H_DZE","MV22","Mi17_DZ") spawn at the ground and explode immediatly at nearly the same position (at about 10450,-630 and 6986,-630,). So it looks like the Crashspawner has a wrong heigh value.
greetz styler

hmm not sure if the script is not working on my server or i've yet to find any heli crash. but i've ask the players and they mention that they have yet to see any crash site. im currently running epoch with sarge AI without heli script at the moment

Figured I would post my edited Chopper/Aircraft Animated Crash version. I am just a copy and paster, I could never have wrote this script, and everything I did was by trial and error.

Thanks to Grafzahl ,Finest, and Bushwookie for the script base.

The major portion that I changed is that I researched every single Arma 2 vehicle that has an actual wreck and added it to the script. For example, the medevac Blackhawk. The Soviet SU-25 ground attack fighter. A-10 Warthog. Russian MI-24 Hind attack chopper. Cobra attack helicopter. Etc etc.

I also changed the massgrave portion into a static UralWreck that spawns loot like a chopper crash. I'm working on moving that to it's own EpochEvent script called WRECKSPAWNER. I'll post that when I get through with it.

Edit the settings at the top as you see fit, those given are for the server I scripted this for.

What you end up with is helos and jets that fly around to the waypoints and get shot at by players, causing dynamic crashsites, but with a bit more flair on the part of the vehicles. None of the AI vehicles shoot back. I may add a gunner to a few of the choppers to add more excitement at a later date.

Here's a slight preview of what you can expect as a player with this script as edited.

Here's a test set of EpochEvents if you want to see Aircraft Crash mayhem at work!

WARNING! Do NOT use this on a live server unless you want 60 chopper crashes per hour!

Code:
//TEST HELI CRASH EpochEvents Below!!
//EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",1,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",2,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",3,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",4,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",5,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",6,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",7,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",8,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",9,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",10,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",11,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",12,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",13,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",14,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",16,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",17,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",18,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",19,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",20,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",21,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",22,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",23,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",24,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",25,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",26,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",27,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",28,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",29,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",31,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",32,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",33,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",34,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",35,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",36,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",37,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",38,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",39,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",40,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",41,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",42,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",43,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",44,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",45,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",46,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",47,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",48,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",49,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",50,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",51,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",52,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",53,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",54,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",55,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",56,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",57,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",58,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",59,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"]];

You can edit this with the Replace function to test any EpochEvent you come up with.

You need to follow the instructions from Bushwookie, and use this crash_spawner.sqf to get the extra aircraft. There are other required edits as detailed in the install thread.

cant get it working and not sure why. must i enable the sarge AI heli to get the animation heli to work?

You should check your server report to see what's going on. You also need to check your init.sqf and see what you have your event timers at. I suggest putting the test set I posted above. That will spawn one per minute, allowing you to easily figure out wether it's working or not.

You should check your server report to see what's going on. You also need to check your init.sqf and see what you have your event timers at. I suggest putting the test set I posted above. That will spawn one per minute, allowing you to easily figure out wether it's working or not.

did everything as you told. still nothing spawning. what do you mean by server report? im currently hosting the server from dayz.st

Look for a file named arma2oaserver.RPT. You'll look for this:

21:51:02 "CRASHSPAWNER: 100% chance to start a crashing UH-1H with loot table 'HeliCrash'"
21:51:02 "CRASHSPAWNER: UH-1H started

g from [6986,-630,1000] to [8213.65,10620.3] NOW!(TIME:1432||LT:HeliCrash)"

It seems the choppers are getting destroyed before they even enter the map. Any suggestions? I though it had something to do with positioning were they start?

would this work for Tavi epoch ??
do I need to change the _heliStart ??
stupid question but I have never understood coordinance locations, Database numbers are different ..
_heliStart = [[6986,-630,1000],[10450,-630,1000]] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

If I want a heli to crash at a specific place, do I change this line?

_landingzone = createVehicle ["HeliHEmpty", [_position select 0, _position select 1,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

to something like this?

_landingzone = createVehicle ["HeliHEmpty", [12491.4,12564.1,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

You need to follow the instructions from Bushwookie, and use this crash_spawner.sqf to get the extra aircraft. There are other required edits as detailed in the install thread.

The install thread only says to replace the crash_spawner.sqf with the one provided.

What are the other required edits?

I tried replacing the crash_spawner.sqf & my server won't start. I just get black screen & return to lobby.

Thank you.

I got the crashsites working but its not spawning any zombies
has anyone an idea?

I finally got the Crash script to work. I've found several crash sites & it seems that only some spawn zeds while others do not.

It's a great script. It seems that any aircraft can spawn including planes. I've shot down several & those ones become crash sites with loot.

BTW, the problem I had in getting this to work was with how I was repacking my server pbo.

I found these instructions online:

"With some PBO Viewers it does not save the prefix after you have unpacked it, edited, and repack.

This is just something that is known to be an issue and someone has assisted me with the same issue. Using PBO Manger...

Pack the dayz_server into a PBO file.
Right click the dayz_server.pbo, and then Open with PBO Manager.
Click on the PBO but do not unpack.
Click the Gear Icon above. Right Click in the empty box and Click Add.
Add "prefix" as the property, and "z\addons\dayz_server" without the quotations
."

not every crash is spawning zombies and if the spawn some there are only 1-3 zombies
any idea how to increase the spawns ?

Back