Excelsior Bridge - Chernarus

That is not a duplicate, it just looks that way because of the way it gets skewed from the land.

Working nicely on my server, thank you.

Vehicle seem to be surviving server restart, how did you accomplish this? Or just my dumb luck?
I also have a duplicate section at the island end, but it's flush so there are no issues. (Same issue with adding the LHD)

The pier that is used is the only one that has the underside passable for the PBX to go through, everything else is solid. It could be doubles up and widened, but woah that would be wide.

First of all, thanks for sharing the fantastic bridge. i have a few suggestion wanna say. do u think u can add another bridge cross to the island and can u also make the bridge little bit wider that allows two vehicles drive (in) and (out). i have this ideas becoz...since i add this great bridge into the server, a lot of people love it, but...it becomes a place for bandits to hunt down other players. becoz the bridge is one way ticket...the car will not able to turn around right away...thanks for looking my comments :)

Did you leave a previous attempt in the DB.

I dont think I ever tried with the database. I shall check and make sure, I just upload the PBO on page 3, if you could take a look it would be great. If I delete the items under the spawns in the mission pbo the mission will fail to load.

Alright, removing the piers from vehicles under side west results in the server failing to load mission. Removing the piers from where you have them in the OP results in the bridge being under water/ two ends sticking out. Having both together results in two bridges, one perfect, one bad. Current PBO that results in two bridges

Edit: Database is clean by the way.

I FIXED IT!

Solution: Removed the piers under side = west. was forgetting to set the number of items in that section back to what it should have been. Thats why the mission wouldn't load. DUHHHHHH.

Edit: Bridge looks great, except on the island end the last piece is slightly off on azimuth, mission SQM says its all perfect tho *shrug* oh well

Problem is that I do too. Can you post the lines of code that you had to change? It'd be a bit difficult using my mission, due to there being possible flaws in other parts of the code, which I won't be able to change until tomorrow afternoon. Besides, this way everyone can have their bridge fix, not just me.

the bridge code alone can just be added to an already existing vehicles section, provided you renumber everything accordingly. The bridge code should not interfere with anything else at all by itself.

Thanks Excelsior, got it working :)

excelsiorbridge.png

HSabe3Q.jpg

ok i dont know why but there is one peice of peir ontop of another peir. it connects perfectly but there was one added peice and its sticking ontop of another peir. does someone have their mission the whole thing so i can see which one it is? or better yet take a look at mine.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mission.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 13
Is there a land_nav_pier_m_2 in your DB buildings table? Your code looks fine here.

ok i dont know why but there is one peice of peir ontop of another peir. it connects perfectly but there was one added peice and its sticking ontop of another peir. does someone have their mission the whole thing so i can see which one it is? or better yet take a look at mine.

thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Love the bridge, it must have taken you ages!!
It works great, but when I try to incorporate the code into my already edited mission.sqm but whenever I try adding it, it just gets stuck on wait for host.
I have attached my mission.pbo (it wouldnt let me upload a.sqm file) file if someone could take a look that would be great.

many thanks

robbie

Attachments

• dayz_mission.zip
    130.5 KB · Views: 9
Is there a land_nav_pier_m_2 in your DB buildings table? Your code looks fine here.

yes there is. why would that cause this kind of bug?

looks like there is 2 extra peices to be honest. both at the island end. ones inside the first bridge peice on the island part and the one in the pic above.

v3LAaul.jpg

its really a pain int he arse to edit my mission repack upload rejoin server test see change, shutdown rinse lather repeat.

The one in the DB is being set on top of the one in mission file. Check your ID number and you may have it being called twice in the instance_buildings table

yes there is. why would that cause this kind of bug?

looks like there is 2 extra peices to be honest. both at the island end. ones inside the first bridge peice on the island part and the one in the pic above.

v3LAaul.jpg

its really a pain int he arse to edit my mission repack upload rejoin server test see change, shutdown rinse lather repeat.

Wow, 453 items in your first createvhicle section. Try removing my add and include it in your section, renumbering will need to be done for the count and each item. I'm not sure if this would work for you.

Hi there,

Love the bridge, it must have taken you ages!!
It works great, but when I try to incorporate the code into my already edited mission.sqm but whenever I try adding it, it just gets stuck on wait for host.
I have attached my mission.pbo (it wouldnt let me upload a.sqm file) file if someone could take a look that would be great.

many thanks

robbie

The one in the DB is being set on top of the one in mission file. Check your ID number and you may have it being called twice in the instance_buildings table

fixed it deleted one bridge part think it was 11 of 12 parts.
seems my world is smaller?

Back