Excelsior Bridge v1.2 - Chernarus

I tried it out....lol I was like now were did this spawn :p

I ran around around on the ground, went on top of it. went around it. I could see all 4 of the construction.
http://imageshack.com/a/img801/343/hbcf.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img839/2551/la0y.jpg

But I can not see any errors.
Lol yeah i know , its a weird ass building...trying to make barricade for a city.
I know it 'runs' fine, but did you see the client (not the server's) RPT log?
It says 'this' as 'any' causing a generic error for every building.
Thanks for going in the trouble though :)
Got any idea why the error?
It looks fine to me.

Were do I look for the client rpt log?

Why don't you use this, to set the building heights?
_bldObj setVehicleInit "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 40]"; //what height you want!

Code:
if (isServer) then {
        _bldObj = objNull;
       if (true) then
       {
          _bldObj = createVehicle ["land_nav_pier_c_270", [7974.354,13693.311,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
    _bldObj setDir 0;
          _bldObj setVehicleInit "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 40]";
          _bldObj setPos [7974.354,13693.311,0];
          _bldobj setVectorUp [0, 0, 1];
       }

_bldObj = objNull;
       if (true) then
       {
          _bldObj = createVehicle ["land_nav_pier_c_270", [7974.3579,13623.012,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
          _bldObj setDir 90;
          _bldObj setVehicleInit "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 40]";
          _bldObj setPos [7974.3579,13623.012,0];
       };
        _bldObj = objNull;
       if (true) then
       {
          _bldObj = createVehicle ["land_nav_pier_c", [7984.2456,13653.235,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_bldObj setDir 0;
          _bldObj setPos [7984.2456,13653.235,0];
       };

_bldObj = objNull;
       if (true) then
       {
          _bldObj = createVehicle ["land_nav_pier_c", [7984.2954,13666.067,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_bldObj setDir 0;
          _bldObj setPos [7984.2954,13666.067,0];
       };
};
Just need to define the correct direction, to make it all align nicely. Otherwise it just gets a random direction on restarts =)

Last edited:
Were do I look for the client rpt log?

Why don't you use this, to set the building heights?
_bldObj setVehicleInit "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 40]"; //what height you want!

Just need to define the correct direction, to make it all align nicely. Otherwise it just gets a random direction on restarts =)

Log file for client is here: C:\Users\YOURPROFILE\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT
or type in windows search : %appdata% to get to the Appdata file.

I'll try it....but i need the rest of the buildings to grab the 1st objects' getposASL position...so they align perfectly, otherwise they dont.
I think the value 'this' is causing all this trouble.....but i got no idea why it shows up on the client's RPT log....since there is a huge (ifServer) at the top of the file....meaning dont run at client side ffs.

I would do it Mr Weeglley.

But I would optimize first.
Use notepad++
You can replace the vehicle_xxx with a simple command using notepad++

Make sure you have regular expression selected in Notepad++.
search for: _vehicle_(\d+)= objNull;

and replace with: _bldObj = objNull;

• replace _vehicle_xxx with _bldObj
  • delete line _vehicle_xxx = _this;
  • replace _this with _bldObj

Would look like this;

Code:
_bldObj = objNull;
if(true)then
{
_bldObj = createVehicle ["land_nav_pier_m_2",[13247.008, -6.1535072, 3398.5906],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
_bldObj setDir 56.571701;
_bldObj setPos [13247.008, -6.1535072, 3398.5906];
};

_bldObj = objNull;
....etc

add to your server_functions.sqf

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers
"\z\addons\dayz_server\MAP ADDON FOLDER\bridge.sqf";

Just to cap what you need to edit/- how

What's the reason to rename the variables all to the same one? Like what does it do or in what way is it better or preferable
over the vanilla arma sqf way of doing things???

You can remove 1 line of code. Probably not a big deal to some.
But when you have a file with 20 k of lines it does take less time to read.

Kinda new to this, I have a Admin Tool script that needed me to put coding "At the very end of the lint.sqf file. How do I add BOTH to the bottom? Just paste your code after the ";" of the admin tools code? (Sorry for bump)

Dear Survival Servers,

Why are you selling this bridge code for $10? Where is my cut of that? Actually, I DON'T WANT $, but what would like to see is a refund for those who paid given to anyone that has already purchased it. I understand that it listed as a charge for the installation, but I do believe that this charge for doing so is overpriced.

Dear Survival Servers,

Why are you selling this bridge code for $10? Where is my cut of that? Actually, I DON'T WANT $, but what would like to see is a refund for those who paid given to anyone that has already purchased it. I understand that it listed as a charge for the installation, but I do believe that this charge for doing so is overpriced.

Hahahaha wtf. How dare they.

Btw I have to say I still have this bridge on my server. For over a year now and I still love it. Amazing job.

i would be keen to help excel. sad to see Survival Servers using your files like this -10 points i did hear they were been sued by few people

Back