fn_selfActions installation help

I have looked online and all over the forums and I cannot find any posts relating to adding/installing the self actions SQF file needed for self bloodbagging.

I am running a Overwatch private server which I would have presumed already had to have self actions file because the mod already having self blood installed.

The whole purpose of this is I want to find the folder/file or add it if needed so I can use other add-ons which require adding scripts to the file.

If anybody has any suggestions or links would be much appreciated

Thanks

Go to your dayz install directory and un-PBO dayz_code.pbo, it's in there. Not sure what the folder is off-hand, I'm at work at the moment. Copy that over to your mission pbo and do your additions there.

You'll then have to make a custom compiles.sqf, call it in the init.sqf, and in the compiles.sqf list the fn_selfactions.sqf you've modified. Krixes' self bloodbag tutorial should have a much better explanation that I have here.

And honestly I can't recall if Krixes calls for making a custom compiles.sqf or just copying over the compiles.sqf from dayz_code and modifying it. Been a few weeks since I last had to re-do all my scripts.

I cannot seem to find dayz_code.PBO does anybody know where abouts I would find this in the server files and I am also running on a dedicated server.

Thanks

It's not in the server files, it's in your game installation directory i.e. Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\@DayZ or something similar

yeah I was just wondering as I have done all I needed to do on the suicide script to get it working and towards the end it seemed like if I was to upload that my server I would be the only person who could use it unless all of the other players follow the tutorial and edited all of the files… Is this correct or am I just getting mixed up with things and that anybody who joined the server would be able to do it .

The script should be in your mission.pbo which is downloaded by every client when they first connect or if it's changed. anything in there will work for anyone assuming you set it up right.

Back