GPS Video On Start - Tutorial + Pictures

JoSh0

Hello Everyone,
I am here today to present a tutorial to opendayz.
In this tutorial I will be covering how to play a custom video via the GPS functions when a player joins your server.

Ok, lets get started.

What you will need:
Ok, once you have all of these, we can get started.

Step 1:
We are going to go ahead and create a new folder in your dayz_mission folder called "custom".
If you already have a custom folder then well done I guess ..
7c23f69ffbc3813e4a15feb9c203dd69.png

Step 2:
Ok, now that you have a folder called "custom", go ahead create a file called "gps_video.sqf"
and paste the following code into it:

Code:
    // Custom GPS Video Script - BY Josho - FOR Opendayz.net - Public USE!
    waitUntil { alive player };
    waituntil {!isnull (finddisplay 46)};
    hintsilent "Player Found! Running Script!";
    sleep 5;
    _CustomGpsVideo = ["Videos\intro_video.ogv",1.04] spawn bis_fnc_customGPSvideo;

Not too much more now young one! Now we move over to...

Step 3:
You now need to enter your "init.sqf" which is found in your dayz_mission folder.
After you have found and opened your init.sqf file, find this line of code:

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {

e5952a26b90d2ecae58a2308fa265fa1.png

As you can see, after all of the other stuff, right at the end of it, add the following code:

Code:
_CustomGpsVideo = [] execVM "custom\gps_video.sqf";

This will execute out GPS video initialization file every time a user joins your server.

Step 4:
You should now have all the script files setup and the last thing you have to do is make a folder called: "Videos" in your dayz_mission folder and then put your video into that folder.

353005484e8457b70693bbe4e6d6ce91.png

*NOTE: Make sure your video file format is .ogv and the video file is called intro_video - You can edit the file name in the gps_video.sqf script, but if you are not very skillful with scripts, then just copy what I do.

Now that you have everything setup, you should be a-ok!
If you have any problemo's, ask away on this here thread and I will try my hardest to fix your issue.

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you all have fun with this!

Back